Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

Port Hardy

Our trip to Port Hardy, BC this year was a blast. There was only 4 of us on the boat, which made things easier. It is a small boat, but comfortable. I enjoyed diving with Rand and Todd. I have done several trips with each of them. These forums are a great place to make friends. It was my first trip with Alex Mustard. Alex was a pleasure to dive with. Peeking over his shoulder while he was reviewing the day's photos was very educational.

Everything went smoothly. No major equipment problems, other than Rand flooding another light, but that's just a common experience with him :P:offtopic: .

This was my first trip with the 40D. Ryan converted a Subal housing for me to work with optical connections to my Inon Z240 strobes. It worked flawlessly and is a big improvement over electrical connections IMO.

The density of life in Port Hardy is what keeps me coming back. There is an abundance of subjects, and outstanding backgrounds to photograph them against. Here's a few samples. The rest are in this year's Port Hardy gallery.

PortHardy2008033.jpg

PortHardy2008014.jpg

PortHardy2008010.jpg

PortHardy2008026.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful John

Thanks for sharing

Nice stuff. I really like this photo from your home page gallery. Image

I'm assuming it's a sea spider of some type. Right? Nice work, I'm a big fan of that area also.

Mike

I'm assuming it's a sea spider of some type. Right?

According to Alex, it is indeed a type of sea spider. They are very small. The photo you linked to is 1:1 or close to it. They are quite common. There are several of them above the warbonnet in this photo:

PortHardy2008001.jpg

I love that 3rd fish photo. Its stunning!

Hey John glad to see you posting some images up. Good stuff

Cheers

Todd

beautiful images :offtopic::P:)

the ghost shrimp is spectacular!

in my experience they are very challenging subjects :beer:

cheers

Leander

These are great, John. I also really like the Melibe you shot - that is now you Avatar.

I agree with you about your fibre optic TTL. Very impressive. If only Nikon's would work without the flash having to be all the way up. Or indeed, my Nikon's actually had a built in flash!

I like the skeleton shrimp as well. I never saw one on the reef - only all over the kelp. Next time...

Alex

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements