Sign in to follow this  
A Seahorse Loy

I can see writing on my phot

Hi all. I have a really specific problem with a photo I took during the week that I hope you can give me some hints with. I recently took the plunge and did the dSLR thing after shooting with my trusty Oly 5060 for absolutlely yonks. Only reason I upgraded was that it decided to completely die on me at the same time my housing broke.

I went a 450d with an Ikelite housing and I have an 8" dome. The problem is with this photo.

2909665286_8f27f0f366.jpg

I hope it is clear but aong the bottom you can see the writing on the end of the lens as a reflection. Even though the sun is blown out (I was only in 2.5m of water) I kind of like the shot myself. But how can you minimize or bertter yet eliminate the writing reflection. Any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

Brad

(edit: can't spell)

Edited by A Seahorse Loy

Colour in all the bright letters and symbols on the front of the lens with black marker pen

Annoying problem this one.

The fastest solution is to fill in the white writing with a black marker pen.

Better port shading will also help.

Its also something that you can see through the viewfinder and often a slight change in composition will magic it away.

Alex

Use small pieces of black masking or electrical tape to cover over the lettering if you want to keep the lettering intact, should you want to sell the lens sometime in the future.

This will only happen when shooting into the sun. Even if you fill in the white lettering, you will still see the shiny ring. Either do as Alex says by adjusting your angle to the sun, use a dome shade if possible or cover your shiny lens front & sides with a non-reflective black paper sleeve. I made one for my 17-35 and it took care of that exact problem. If you make it tight enough, the focus ring rubber will keep it from slipping during a dive, or just tape it to the focus ring. Remember it will spin with focus so it should not impede the movement (rub against) of the works.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements