Sign in to follow this  
colinwen

Camera (w/ housing) for INON UWL-100

Dear all,

I use Olympus 5050 with INON UWL-100 wide angle for years, and did not update my knowledge for a while.

Since my 5050 flooded, I did not have camera with inon dome port. I only use sp-5050 for research purpose.

Recently my wife want to find a new camera to replace her old canon one.

I wonder if there is any new camera with some housing can fit to my INON wide angle lenses.

I prefer the cheapest the best for me, if the camera is smaller the better.

I consider olympus mju 1030, but its housing seems like can not fit to the wide angle.

So I post this information here, hope any expert can help me.

The UWL-100 is 67mm, I hope it will help.

Cheers,

Colin

I'm certainly no expert, and I'm new here myself, but I might be able to steer you in the right direction. I'm currently looking at a setup for my girlfriend, but I will be using a Canon A2000 IS camera for hers. As for Olympus, here's a site with some options for you....

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/camolychart.html

Ikelite is good about producing a lot of point and shoot camera housings, and they also make conversion setups for accepting Inon lenses (like the one that you have). They list the 1030 that you mentioned as one that won't accept the Inon conversion because of the "already" wide angle lens that comes with the camera itself. However, if you're looking to stay with Olympus, the Stylus 1200 (Mju 1200) might be an option for you. The conversion to accept the Inon (part number #9306.80) only runs $50 USD (plus or minus a few dollars depending on where you find it), and hopefully that'd get you what you need. Their Inon lens however is part number UWL-105AD and not the 100 that you have. It still claims to be the 67mm, but like I said it's not the 100. You might need to have a look at the rest of the point and shoot camera/housing setups that Ikelite has (theirs are the only ones I'm familiar with.... sorry) and go from there. Sending Ikelite an email would probably be a good idea as well; just ask them how much different the 100 is from the newer 105 model (someone here probably knows if they chime in, in time). The housing for the Stylus 1200 also isn't all that expensive, and is only $40 more than that of the 1030 you were originally considering

This info might not be quite what you were looking for, but hopefully it is a start for you. Best of luck with your hunting!

Dustin

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements