Sign in to follow this  
marinedomain

Manado and Bali photo's

Have recently returned from a trip to Cocotinos Resort in Manado and Crystal Divers Resort in Bali, had a great time. While in Bali I was lucky enough (thanks to the wife organizing it) to spend two days diving with Mike Veitch and getting lots of great photgraphy tips off him (well worth doing if you are in Bali). Here are some of my photos from the trip, unfortunately Mike course was towards the end of the trip as it would of helped greatly to have the info provided earlier on.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

and some more

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

and the master Mike himself

mike.jpg

All taken with a Nikon D200 and either the Tokina 10-17mm or the Nikon 60mm.

I have more pictures on my web site if interested, http://www.garlin-photography.com/pics/manado/index.html

Regards

Gary

Edited by marinedomain

that last shot is a beauty. nice 7mm suit! hahaha

Great stuff Gary, was great to meet and dive with you as well! But i am in Lembeh now, not in Bali :blink:

Yes Mike you whimp, 7mm wetsuit in 28c water :blink: , Hope your liking Lembeh, heaps there for you to explore and take great photos of.

Great stuff Gary, love the sponge shot and the guy on the boat is brilliant. Don't feel bad about the diver shot, we all know how hard it is to get natural images of neopyhte divers. I think Mike was trying to look like the smilie face :blink: . I went looking for more on your website but couldn't find them. Are they up and I missed them?

Steve

Great pictures!!! I love the shot of the boat and the diver!!!!

Is the last eel shot with no strobe and just a focus light on??

Edited by sideways

I liked them all, thanks. Scott

Great collection Gary and thanks for sharing. Looks like you had some great diving up there.

How do you rate the operations you dived with as I'd love to get there some day.

Cheers,

Jim.

Thanks Guys,

sideways the eel shot was taken with two Sea & Sea YS110 strobs, the placement of the strobes was done using a technique Mike showed me, strobes out in front of the camera, one facing down the other up.

Jim, Cocotinos in Manado was top notch, very nice resort and staff. Crystal divers in Bali is located in Sanua a little quieter than Kuta, Mini the owner is lovely and goes out of her way to make sure everything is as you wanted it. Can recommend both.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements