Sign in to follow this  
ViperDoc

Thinking of switching to Inon Z240s

I presently shoot dual YS-110's on my Subal ND-20 with my D200. So far I've been pretty happy but I'm always looking to try to cut down on weight and space for travel purposes. The Z240's look pretty good. Just wondering if it would be worth the hassle and cost to switch.

Dave

I love my 240's. lightweight, packs easy, quick recycle time. I use the sea and sea ttl converter and am happy with it.

I keep thinking that the idel strobe setup would be a sb800 or 900 in a housing hardwired to the camera, and a 240 as a slave.

I have some 240s and they have been 100% reliable. But I am not sure how much of a weight saving they will be over YS110s. May not be worth the money for the switch.

Alex

I have two YS 110's and they have been 100% reliable. I can't see any size or weight saving by having the Inons so switching would be a waste of money for me.

My only issue with the YS 110 is that it is a bit slow to recycle on full power and the Inon may be quicker.

If it helps, the strobefinder shows a 20% savings in weight and dimensions (multiplying the 3 dimensions) if you were to switch.

Scott

FWIW I have a pair of type 2 Z-240's which my son is about to take on. I'll replace them with three type 3's... IMO, buy them!

I think that the Z240s are more flexible. If you can do fibre-optic connection, I think that they are even better. Using Eneloop-type batteries (I can't find true Eneloop in the UK), now available from Amsmann, the recycle time is great, though that might be true for any other strobe that takes AA-sze batteries.

Tim

:)

Just stick ordinary NiMh batteries in the Type 3's. That's the advice from Ocean Optics...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements