Alexx

Which strobe arms?

Hy to all, I`m back after a few months of absent!

Now I`m in process of buying one more strobe, so I need to buy another strobe arm.Which ones do you recommend?

Sea&Sea arms are bit massive and big, I need something simple, thin! Can anyone suggest me something, and where

to buy it.

Thank you

I use "ultralight" arms myself,I like them and they seem to be popular in with wetpixel folk. But if your looking for something more interesting search this site for the "Stix" arm system, a very light arm that allows you to add bouyancy to balance the weight of your rig underwater

i have a combo of ultralight and tlc arms & clamps and i prefer the tlc's. the ultralights have orings in the balls which would seem to give a stiffer connection with the clamp but a quick test showed otherwise, but not by much.

what really matters are the clamps, and the tlc's are far better & smoother, the round ridged knobs are easier to grip & turn and the ultralight knobs get extremely stiff when very tight. both are good solid sets though.

i have a combo of ultralight and tlc arms & clamps and i prefer the tlc's. the ultralights have orings in the balls which would seem to give a stiffer connection with the clamp but a quick test showed otherwise, but not by much.

what really matters are the clamps, and the tlc's are far better & smoother, the round ridged knobs are easier to grip & turn and the ultralight knobs get extremely stiff when very tight. both are good solid sets though.

Will the TLC clamps fit the UCLS balls/arms?

Will the TLC clamps fit the UCLS balls/arms?

I'll jump in here as I also have a combo of TLC arms/clamps and UCLS arms/clamps. They are completely interchangeable, so the answer to your question is yes, the TLC clamps will fit the UCLS arms.

I just got back a few minutes ago from a trip to Bali, Wakatobi and Lembeh and used both TLC and UCLS on this trip.

Ellen

Another vote for Ultralight. I've been using the same set for about 7 years. No problems at all. I don't find a difficulty with the clamps. Underwater they don't need to be cranked down that tight anyway - in fact a small amount of play (SMALL!) makes it easier to adjust them slightly. Topside I do have them cranked down reasonably tight for moving my gear around on the boat. But I've never had a problem releasing them. I have two arms for each side of the housing: an 8" nearest the camera; and a 5" nearest the strobe (Inon 220s). I also have a 5" arm on the top of my housing with a pair of clamps to secure a Fixeye focussing light. This combination has worked really well for me.

Sponsors

Advertisements