Sign in to follow this  
divebutt

New Ikelite Housing

Well, I made the leap and dropped the cash and my new G( IKelite housing is on its way to replace my Canon housing.

That being said, apart from reading and following the owners manual, is there anything special I should do when I recieve it? Any tips or tricks? I've heard a dab of glue on the cushions that turn the knobs doesn't hurt.

Thanks!

I've got an Ikelite G7 housing. I'd suggest some super glue for the black rubber covers on the two bars at the front of the base plate; mine came off once or twice without me realising, resulting in a few scratches on the camera next time I put it in.

Tim

Edited by blimbo

I replaced the cheap plastic internal LCD shade with one made from an aluminium strip. I also fitted two 1 watt dives lamps underslung from the dual tray - saves having to carry a dive lamp. If you are using fibre optic syncs, you may wish to replicate my custom 'mask' which provides a very secure mount for Sea & Sea and INON strobe cables. If you PM your email address I send you a run down on my modifications.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements