Sign in to follow this  
jnsgonda

Anenome Fish

Hello,

Thanks ahead of time for all your comments.

Converted directly to a TIFF file using Raw Converter LE. Auto levels. Protected the fish with the lasso tool and dropped the "cyan" channel in Color/Saturation to loose the blue elsewhere.

Fuji S2/Ikelite housing/DS-125 with 60mm lens. F16, 1/90

What do you think?

John

That's really pretty! You did a nice job with the camera and the editing.

Lovely shot. My only suggestion would be to further edit by darkening the upper left corner. It's a little distracting. Otherwise, great! B)

Marli

I saw the comments on the other board and had to laugh.

I think that is a blue striped anemonefish - A. chrysopterus. Which naturally has neon blue stripes.

I think the photo looks great. Your use of side lighting really brings out the glow in the anemone tentacles. I also like the angle of the fish's face and the "angry look" that she is giving us. Aka "This is the fang! Get out of my anemone!"

Cheers

James

James,

Thanks for your comment. I actually "flipped" again and kept the blue neon stripe. I feel better knowing it was really there. I'm picking up the 8X12 tomorrow. I saw the Aquatica S2 housing at DEMA in San Diego. Very nice! Just ordered the 105mm lens and port for the Ikelite. Diving channel islands with it next week.

Cheers to everyone,

John

Good shot!

After I upload here a shot and someone told that the blue strip doesn't look natural I check again in my next dives and found it’s the real color of the strip.

I also checked it without looking through the camera LCD or viewfinder (I know, it’s a strange concept, looking the U/W world not through a camera :lol: )

Arnon

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements