Sign in to follow this  
danielandrewclem

Thoughts on the Samsung T260 26" HD monitor/TV

Just got a new MacBook and I'm looking for a decent display for Photoshop and Illustrator work. I like the looks of the Samsung T260 and don't mind the idea of having a display that can serve as a TV. Anybody had any issues with this display and a Mac? I know I'll need an adapter for the new MiniDisplay Port that the new MacBooks come. Can anyone think of a good reason to shell out $400 more for the upcoming Apple LED display?

I've looked a bit at that monitor myself, but more as a monitor for a PVR/Possible Hackintosh I am building. I suppose a color purist would be disturbed by the "touch of color" changes that happen in the bezel. The resolution is the same as the LED display, but the viewing area is bigger, so each individual pixel is bigger. The LED display has a USB hub and iSight camera, the Samsung doesn't. The Samsung is cheaper ($499 at Amazon) and available now, vs $899 and available soon...

For me, I think the biggest issue would be "does it work with my hardware calibrator". Overall I think it would work well for most people, except in a highly color critical environment.

Thanks for the response, Craig. For my purposes, the Samsung will probably do. Though the new Apple display is pretty slick...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements