Sign in to follow this  
sofi

Ikelite for G9 - adapter for INON lens

Hello all!

I'm new at this forum... :)

I'm pleased to "know" you all! :)

My name is Sofia and I'm from Lisbon, Portugal.

I started underwater photography in January and I absolutely love it.

Planning on invest next year (little by little) on the Canon 40D...and all the rest of the equipment that goes with it...

But, a golden opportunity arrived and I must invest now on a better configuration for may existing equipment:

• Canon G9
  • DC21 housing
  • 1 Sea&Sea YS110 flash (the second is somewhere in Japan getting fixed...for many months now)
  • INON UCL-165M67 macro lens

I also bought a wide angle lens from INON...but unfortunately it does not work due its vigneting.

Saying this and because I've reached the conclusion that I couldn't find any wide angle lens for this case, I decided to buy the Ikelite housing.

A friend of mine will lend me his INON lenses:

• UFL-165AD Underwater Fisheye Conversion Lens
  • UCL-165AD Close-up Lens
  • UWL-105AD Wide Conversion Lens

Question?

Are these lens compatible with the G9 Ikelite housing?

I found this adapter:

http://www.divervision.com/catalog/product...products_id=348

Question n2!

Does anyone here know this adapter?

Thank you very much and in advance for your help!

:D

Edited by sofi

I just posted this in response to you post int he other thread. Sorry, I missed this one:

Yea I've heard of that adapter, but never actually seen one. Yes it will work with those lenses (it's made to work with Inon AD mount lenses like the ones you listed), but I'm not 100% sure if it will work with the G9 housing. Most of the Ike housings that it is known to work for list it as an accessory at Ikelite's site, but it's not listed on the G9 page.

OTOH, you can also see it at reef photo (LINK). If you scroll down to the "Customers who bought this product also purchased..." section it lists the Ike G9 housing & short port. I'm guessing it should work, but your best bet would be to ask them. The guys at reef are better than Google when it comes to UW photo gear.

Boa sorte

I just posted this in response to you post int he other thread. Sorry, I missed this one:

Yea I've heard of that adapter, but never actually seen one. Yes it will work with those lenses (it's made to work with Inon AD mount lenses like the ones you listed), but I'm not 100% sure if it will work with the G9 housing. Most of the Ike housings that it is known to work for list it as an accessory at Ikelite's site, but it's not listed on the G9 page.

OTOH, you can also see it at reef photo (LINK). If you scroll down to the "Customers who bought this product also purchased..." section it lists the Ike G9 housing & short port. I'm guessing it should work, but your best bet would be to ask them. The guys at reef are better than Google when it comes to UW photo gear.

Boa sorte

Hello randini!

Thank you for your reply :)

Yes, that's a good idea - a should ask directly at reef photo, but I thought it would also be a good idea to ask here and be sure the thing really works!

I'll ask them and then I'll share their reply in here.

I haven't yet bought the Ikelite housing...but I truly hope it works :) otherwise it will be a financial disaster having to buy an SLR configuration all at once...

Obrigada! :D

Edited by sofi

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements