Hi Folks,

I know it's only been a little while now since its release but surely there's some folks out there who have taken one for a dive. I'm

keen on this camera as an upgrade choice from a compact but still would like to see how it goes UW. I still haven't noticed any photos

taken with one UW on any of the forums, perhaps people are waiting for other choices than the Ikelite housing. If anyone has some images

from one or can provide any links I would be most thankful.

Cheers,

Jim :P

Hi,

I have a plan to test Patima D90 housing in mid December.

Sam

Great I look forward to your findings and images.

Anybody else have some news........... :) ............anyone?

Jim :P

Not the D90 but found some housings for the D200 on Sea&Sea's clearance thread for under $1500. Anyone thinking about jumping up to a DSLR would have to take a long look at those.

Not the D90 but found some housings for the D200 on Sea&Sea's clearance thread for under $1500. Anyone thinking about jumping up to a DSLR would have to take a long look at those.

Jim theres a site that compared sensors between camera's, and it found the D90 has a very nice sensor for an APS-C type camera, significantly better than my 50D under their criteria or a D300.

http://www.dxomark.com/

I dont think you've got anything to worry about other than your bank balance :) .

Otara

Hoping to test out my D90/Tokina 10-17 set up in an Ikelite housing (assuming I can borrow it..) in Thailand end of January.. Looking forward to it

We just about finished the housing design on this one, the housing will be reflecting our new direction in housing design.

This camera is a good bang for bucks if you ask me,

Hoping to test out my D90/Tokina 10-17 set up in an Ikelite housing (assuming I can borrow it..) in Thailand end of January.. Looking forward to it

Hoping also to test soon my D 90 in my newly refurbished DX 80 housing from Sea and sea , as there so little changes to make !!

In January we will be to Soccoro :uwphotog:

We just about finished the housing design on this one, the housing will be reflecting our new direction in housing design.

This camera is a good bang for bucks if you ask me,

Jean when will the Aquatica housing be on the market?

Any other manufacturers with anything in the pipeline too?

Cheers,

Jim.

Hi Jim, I figure mid February is when this housing will hit the market. hopefully the holliday season won't disturb our schedule. :)

Thanks Jean and Yoko, gee Zilion have some funky colours!

Jim :)

Thanks Jean and Yoko, gee Zilion have some funky colours!

Jim :)

Hi Jim,

I think that Zillion are the housing of choice for Tony Wu and deserve some serious consideration.

In my opinion, (hehehe) they are streets ahead of Ike housings as far as 'plastic' housings are concerned.

Just my humble opinion of course. . . . . :P

Bruce...

Edited by bruceterrill

Hey Jim, don't know if you saw, but DD Photographics have the D90 (as well as the 50D) on sale at the moment.

Hi Jim,

I think that Zillion are the housing of choice for Tony Wu and deserve some serious consideration.

In my opinion, (hehehe) they are streets ahead of Ike housings as far as 'plastic' housings are concerned.

Just my humble opinion of course. . . . . :P

Bruce...

They do look like a good build but I have a DS125 and if I go Ike I can just plug it in and maybe pick up another of someone upping to a DS160.

Besides I couldn't see an ORANGE one, for the life of me stuffed if I could find a view in english button or link on that site. So it was just pictures

and characters for me. :)

Jim.

PS any news on those lens?

Hey Jim, don't know if you saw, but DD Photographics have the D90 (as well as the 50D) on sale at the moment.

Thanks for that Ryan, I was looking at DDP as one of the best options but with that development it suddenly just

got even better :P Now all I need is some work :)

Jim.

So, who has been using their D90 housing?

What do you like and do not like about your setup?

Considering taking the plunge but not certain as of yet.

Dave

So, who has been using their D90 housing?

What do you like and do not like about your setup?

Considering taking the plunge but not certain as of yet.

Dave

Well I got my house last week and was planning to go to Mexico but because of the flu there I canceled our trip. We will go to Egypt for diving. We will be there on 27 of May. My setup will be

ofcouse the Hugyfot d90 house, port for 50 mm macro from sigma and a Sea and Sea Alpha 110 flash. For me a totally new set up so high learning curve and that’s why on my first trip I only will use this lens.

I want to take some keepers home. Got the HugyCheck system and the house looks really very nice.

Found some things not working perfect but this was also the problem with my old Hugyfot house.

This house is smaller than my old house but more heavy so we will see how this handles underwater.

When I am back from my trip I will give more info about the house and camera.

Greetings,

Chris

Well I got my house last week and was planning to go to Mexico but because of the flu there I canceled our trip. We will go to Egypt for diving. We will be there on 27 of May. My setup will be

ofcouse the Hugyfot d90 house, port for 50 mm macro from sigma and a Sea and Sea Alpha 110 flash. For me a totally new set up so high learning curve and that’s why on my first trip I only will use this lens.

I want to take some keepers home. Got the HugyCheck system and the house looks really very nice.

Found some things not working perfect but this was also the problem with my old Hugyfot house.

This house is smaller than my old house but more heavy so we will see how this handles underwater.

When I am back from my trip I will give more info about the house and camera.

Jezzz did not know you would need a whole house for this camera :blink:

I have got myself a new Nexus D90 housing. I run it with a pair of D2000 firing optically. The housing is about 800g lighter than the Aquatica which was also under consideration.

Did 3 dives in Aquatica D90 housing (my buddy's) and a Nexus D80 housing (another buddy's) over 2 separate occassions. In the end, the ability to use optical fibre + electical bulkheads and lighter and smaller form factor won me over.

I also did a try out dive with new Nexus gears over the weekend at local dive site. Works well with good ergonomics. A definite value for money housing at US$2500. Really makes packing and handling easier with its smaller size :lol:

Im going to buy the same equipment as Bigeye, but i will use S&S 110 strobes.

I have got myself a new Nexus D90 housing. I run it with a pair of D2000 firing optically. The housing is about 800g lighter than the Aquatica which was also under consideration.

Did 3 dives in Aquatica D90 housing (my buddy's) and a Nexus D80 housing (another buddy's) over 2 separate occassions. In the end, the ability to use optical fibre + electical bulkheads and lighter and smaller form factor won me over.

I also did a try out dive with new Nexus gears over the weekend at local dive site. Works well with good ergonomics. A definite value for money housing at US$2500. Really makes packing and handling easier with its smaller size :lol:

The optical connections are of great interest to me, having two Z-240's already.

But I fail to see the smaller size of a Nexus. I have not seen the Aq. or Nexus housing in person but based on this website's data

D90 Housing comparison

I calculate the following volumes: (all volumes listed are x10E6 mm3 values)

Aquatica D90: 4.9

Ike D90 6.8

Nexus D90 7.1

Patima D90 4.2

I called Backscatter and they meaured the Aq. 90 housing, which matches the 0.49m3 volume.

This website

Patima D90 info

The patima D90 volume is 4.65

HOWEVER, after calling Reefphoto and having them measure a Patima, its volume is 0.75 m3

BIG HOWEVER, the Patima D90 CANNOT zoom the Tokina 10-17 as there is no zoom gear on the housing, only on extensions - which will not reach the tokina lens zoom ring, according to Reefphoto.

I called Backscatter and they meaured the Aq. 90 housing, which matches the 0.49m3 volume.

HOWEVER, after calling Reefphoto and having them measure a Patima, its volume is 0.75 m3

Two Typo's from me. The numbers should be 4.9 and 7.5 X10E6 mm3.

Dave

Sponsors

Advertisements