Sign in to follow this  
elbuzo

Epson Red Sea 2008 Eilat shootout

I was taking a look at the results of RED SEA Photo Competition that just ended , seems that they still didn't posted all the winning ones but anyhow they a have a lot of outstanding images.

I liked very much the b&w sharks and the translucent creature by Magnus L. but my vote for the best overall portfolio goes to Mirko Zanni . That portfolio is superb !

One that make me laugh were the blennies in humor category from Steven Kovacks , looks like me and my wife ( glad she didn't surf in here )

You can take a look here http://www.eilatredsea.com/Index.asp?Categ...=106&Page=3

Thanks for putting these up. Congrats to everyone who got considered. I'm glad I'm not a judge, I'd be very bad at it,

Some beautiful images.

Steve

Truly amazing shots. The World Top 5s are aptly named.

Also bear in mind that there is no photoshop allowed in this competition (World Best 5 and Eilat Shootout 5). For those who think that every great image must be photoshopped, it shows that the top guys can do it without a mouse!

Alex

vote for the best overall portfolio goes to Mirko Zanni
I couldn't agree more. It was very well done.

Hey guys,

just came back from Israel from the Eilat Shootout where i won the Newcomer Category with my portfolio and one of my shots will aslo be on the Cover of the upcoming Competitionbook wit all nominees & Winners and their shots. It was great experience for me

You can find now all images, nominees & winners and a report of the competition with the following link

http://www.digideep.com/english/info/html/...ion-webcast/P5/

enjoy them beautiful pictures

greetz from Bangkok

Patrick

What a brilliant event, David Pilosof ran it to perfection. :uwphotog::fishblue::ninja::)

The quality of the final images was nothing short of breathtaking.

Noam Kortler was a worthy winner and is a hell of a nice guy.

I made some good friends, drank some good beer, did some fantastic diving, got some good images and made the final nominees for the best singular entry.

Arnon Ayal and I won an Epson printer each, along with eight other lucky competitors, getting it on the plane home with an already overweight allowance made the bum twitch especially when security asked "Have you been given anything to transport that you haven't packed yourself"? Swabs, sniffer dogs and a visit to the Sumo wrestler wearing rubber gloves in the stainless steel room was the result.

But well worth the effort.

See you all next year

Nige Wade

Its was a great event,

Personally I could get only for the last day of the competition (so i have a great excuses :uwphotog: ) .won an Epson printer and got to the nominees for the best singular entry but was bitten by a good friend Danny Weinberg that his image was really impressive.

Its was great to meet there so many photographers, hope to see even more next year.

Hey guys,

just came back from Israel from the Eilat Shootout where i won the Newcomer Category with my portfolio and one of my shots will aslo be on the Cover of the upcoming Competitionbook wit all nominees & Winners and their shots. It was great experience for me

You can find now all images, nominees & winners and a report of the competition with the following link

http://www.digideep.com/english/info/html/...ion-webcast/P5/

enjoy them beautiful pictures

greetz from Bangkok

Patrick

Congratulations! Well done. I really like your images.

/christian

Who got the beer?

Danny Weinberg (hope he saved me few for the next time I'll be in Eilat, I had a drive of four hours right after so couldn't drink there :uwphotog: )

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements