Sign in to follow this  
AdamBroadbent

British Virgin Islands

Hi All,

My Dad is about to get posted out in the British Virgin Islands and I was curious to find out if anyone has been there? Is the diving any good?

Cheers,

Adam

It's OK. I wouldn't rate it in my top 5 Caribbean destinations, but it's not bad. The wreck of the Rhone is fantastic, as is the Chikuzen (sp?).

I know the couple who run Dive BVI and also the folks who run Sail Caribbean Divers. Both recommended depending on which island you are on.

The good news is you're in the Carribean, with fairly easy access to some other decent areas, around BVI such as St. Croix, Puerto Rico, etc

I think the BVI is awesome diving, better than many spots around it.

I am sure there are great dive sites near by .. but for overall can't go wrong .. BVI is great.

I would rate it in my top 5 caribbean.

Edited by Giles

I thought the diving in and around Tortola was pretty good overall. Certainly wouldn't pass it up! Better than some of the more highly advertized locations.

I just got back from St. Croix, which of course is USVI, but the diving was outstanding! How many places can you beach entry a 3500 fsw. wall dive only 100 yards off the beach? (rhetorical question :uwphotog: ) I only spent 2 days diving Cane Bay and have to say... I'll be back.

Cool, thanks very much guys for your feedback.

Well, it will be a free trip out so definitely wont pass it up. Will look forward to the wreck of the Rhone! :uwphotog:

Hopefully I can get a bit of traveling to other destinations around BVI as well....

Will post a trip report once I get back!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements