Sign in to follow this  
scubaguyjohn

Belize Trip Pictures

John,

That was a great gallery of shots. Thanks for sharing.

Wow - is that octopus grabbing the snake? Great shots.
\

yes...when my strobes went off, he let go...I wasn't sure if he was just trying to figure out what it was or if he wanted to eat it...do octopus eat snakes? Actually, it was an eel...

John, that's a great set of shots! What lens were you using for the macros? I just came back from Cozumel and couldn't get some of those picts with my 60mm. Maybe a 105? Diopter? Thanks!

John, that's a great set of shots! What lens were you using for the macros? I just came back from Cozumel and couldn't get some of those picts with my 60mm. Maybe a 105? Diopter? Thanks!

thanks. Yes, I was using the 105mm for all the macro images...then I either used a +1/+2 diopter in the daytime or +4 at night...I did this because the +2 (or was it +1?), could still focus 3 or 4 feet away and retain my ability to light larger subjects at that distance with the added flexibility of doing macro...with the +4, I could get very close but not focus on stuff more than a foot away (or so)...I really liked the 105mm...but be very careful not to knock it into M mode when putting the port on! Also, with the +4, you have to be very still...depth of field is very tough...I don't think you could do it drift diving. I used the AF button to focus and then the shutter press to only take the picture...that way I could trap focus on occasion.

John.

Edited by scubaguyjohn

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements