scubaspud25

Aquatica 8" Dome Port

I've recently purchased an Aquatica housing for a Nikon D100. There was also an 8" dome port included in the deal. I would be very interested to hear from anybody out there with a similar setup. Perhaps you could let me know which wide angle lens you use with the port and how well it works.

I look forward to any replies,

Many thanks

Mike

I've recently purchased an Aquatica housing for a Nikon D100. There was also an 8" dome port included in the deal. I would be very interested to hear from anybody out there with a similar setup. Perhaps you could let me know which wide angle lens you use with the port and how well it works.

I look forward to any replies,

Many thanks

Mike

Hi!

I use my 8" dome for my Canon 5D setup with a 15mm fisheye and it works great. I guess in your case you could use the 10.5mm.

Here you can see what lenses will fit your D100 and 8" dome: http://www.aquatica.ca/subpages/catalog/le...ikon_type_1.pdf

Regards

Marco

Here is lens data link from our web site, if you have a lens that does not show up there, let us know, it is possible sometime to make a custom gear to accomodate the users.

http://www.aquatica.ca/subpages/catalog/le...ikon_type_1.pdf

Ports and accessories are the same as our newest housing, we have not changed the mounting system.

Thanks guys for the replies. i've had a look through the compatible lenses already but i'd love to hear which lens you use with the port and what the results are like.

looking forward to hearing from you,

Mike

The most common DX lens combinations under a 8" dome port these days are:

FISHEYE LENS

Tokina 10-17 (by far the most popular)

Nikon 10.5mm

ultra wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel)

Sigma 10-20

Nikon 12-24

Allround work lense

Sigma 17-70 HSM (moderate wide/ fair macro)

Nikon 17-55mm (moderate wide/ moderate close up, but F2,8 fast glass)

I had the best results from the Tokina 10-17mm. I also used the old Nikon 16mm fisheye which also produced fine images.

Jean, do you have any ideas for which gear best fits the Tokina 11-16mm yet?

The lens is supposed to have the same zoom ring physical dimension as the Tokina 12-14 and the new Nikon 14-24 and AF-S 60 Micro focus barrel, so it would be 18722, Also Untertow our wetpixel embassador from Bermuda has this lens in a Aquatica, perhaps he can shed some light us on his choice of gear.

Sponsors

Advertisements