Paul Kay

BBC Dumbing down?

p.s. None British readers should note that Brits love to moan about their TV. We pay for it, so we moan about it.

I certainly agree with this statement....

Stew

Main critics that many of the sequences were shown several times during the film - felt like it was a 40 minute film stretched to 50. And did present the subject as if Mike was the only person to ever get out of cage with a white shark, ever tow a decoy etc etc which I am sure will pee-off others in the field. But that is entirely understandable from a TV point of view.

All in all the best film on great whites I have seen. Excellent viewing.

Alex

p.s. None British readers should note that Brits love to moan about their TV. We pay for it, so we moan about it.

Well Mad Mike is Discovery's Sharkman so it's gotta be about the star :lol: . He isn't the first guy to free dive cageless (I believe that honor goes to Andre Hartman in SOuth Africa) but he's VERY willing to take people out (Cooper Anderson among quite a few others). I do find it interesting though because I believe it's illegal to do so now in South Africa since 2001/2. It would be interesting if MCM watched this show.

None British readers should note that Brits love to moan about their TV. We pay for it, so we moan about it.

You must have been watching "The best of British Whinging" & "The Top 100 British Moans and complaints". Not that British TV is anything to complain about of course....

But seriously, there is some good stuff on but you do have to sift through a lot of junk, repeats, reality shows, etc., etc., to find it :lol: !

All in all the best film on great whites I have seen. Excellent viewing.

Alex

For those of us across the pond starved of the good stuff, any chance of this being released as a DVD or something?

Jeff, it'll come over. It's a coproduction between DC and BBC. BBC paid more so they get to broadcast first :dancing:

Well im looking forward to the next BIG daddy BBC production called 'life'.. a few friends have been working on this epic for months now and it sounds amazing... Hopefully any underwater sequences will feature some 'colour'... :dancing:

But this is where the Natural History Unit shines in the natural world filmmaking genre...

Dive safe

DeanB

Edited by DeanB

That's UK only Stew. We don't pay for UK TV licenses. :dancing:

That's UK only Stew. We don't pay for UK TV licenses. :dancing:

is that a joke !!! can you not watch bbci player from overseas. i think someone is pulling my leg here

is that a joke !!! can you not watch bbci player from overseas. i think someone is pulling my leg here

It's called "Garden Walling" or "geo bocking" Stew, it is used where the rights are sold in different areas, we get it with golf quite a bit. It takes the piss a bit but i understand why it is done...

Tristan

No joke.

Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page

post-5478-1231111564.jpg

Edited by loftus

well i be bu99ered

As you can see it's no joke. I circumvent it by setting up a proxy on a UK approved ISP in London but my sister won't let me use it too often... she says it kills her bandwidth for accessing slingbox in the US.

I has been p1ssing me off for the last year, since I am away so much. I think that there should be a way to register your computer and TV license number - so you can access the iPlayer from anywhere in the world. I have paid for the damn stuff - its not my fault I am out of the UK most of the year.

One of the guys on the July Wetpixel JASA trip had a friend working in IT for the BBC - and said that they were working on this. But I am still waiting!

Alex

I has been p1ssing me off for the last year, since I am away so much. I think that there should be a way to register your computer and TV license number - so you can access the iPlayer from anywhere in the world. I have paid for the damn stuff - its not my fault I am out of the UK most of the year.

One of the guys on the July Wetpixel JASA trip had a friend working in IT for the BBC - and said that they were working on this. But I am still waiting!

Alex

Slingbox allows me to hook up to my cable service anywhere there is enough bandwidth. I'm sure that's what the EU will block for some silly reason.

It's mostly trailers and news for iPlayer so it's not that big a deal. I use to hate going to thailand cos they blocked youtube!

Sponsors

Advertisements