Sign in to follow this  
ellenm

Pucker Up

I got this shot of a Smooth Trunkfish on a Christmas Eve night dive. What do you think?

Ellen,

Nice shot! How do you do it?

I've not had real good results with these digitals that have no real manual mode, but it looks as if you are getting some really good stuff day and night. Doing anything special. Strobe?

Dave - Wetpixel.com

Thanks, Dave. I think most serious underwater photographers would look at my "equipment" and have a good chuckle. No strobe. I was using only a dive light and the internal flash. Sometimes if I shine the light on the subject just right the shot will come out ok...have you all stopped laughing?? I can't afford to invest in more photography equipment right now so I'm stuck with using only the camera and housing. It helps to have the ocean in my front yard so I can try, try, try again. That's what is so great about digital, I can take thousands of shots without the expense of buying film and paying to get it developed and then crying over all the bad shots that I would have to throw away.

I'm still impressed. Just think what you could do if you had more control over the camera.

Actually it has been shown that a lack of resources brings out the creativity (and resourcefulness) in people.

You have a great front yard. Really enjoyed Bonaire in '97 (before I got into this) and it is at the top of my list of places I must return to in that part of the oceans. Keep up the great work.

Dave - wetpixel.com

Very nice picture!

In my opinion it's not a question of equipment. Your picture shows this in

an excellent manner.

Udo

Good photographs are taken by good photographers, irrespective of their equipment. This is a great shot.

I applaud your use of using what is at hand.

...but to be frankly: this one with the green moray in your gallery is my favourite.

Greetings

these small digitals seem to make impressive results in macro ranges and on night dives.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements