ScubaSapiens

New and improved homepage - Scubasapiens.com

Hi everyone,

now I really can't keep it to myself anymore... please hav a look at my NEW and very much improved homepage - www.scubasapiens.com!

Features:

• Searchable image databank

• On-the-fly galleries based on search

• Easy-to-browse categories

• All images equipped with lighbox (where you can scroll through ANY found set of images!)

• Smooth Ajax pull-down menus

• Blog

And the real goodies:

• Integrated online-store with shopping cart

• Paypal (coming soon)

Now - I'd really like your feedback! Go ahead and browse, search, look and feel - even "order" if you dare! All orders will be considered tests unless you specifically say otherwise. Oh, and by the way - there's still a small error regarding the prices... they will be a little higher :unsure:

There are still a lot of stuff that must be improved - and if you find anything that doesn't work or is hard to understand, please let me know how I can make it better. This is sort of a Beta-stage.

This was a lot of work, but hopefully not as much as it looks... The real job is only beginning - to fill it up with images. Notice the Wetpixel category under Competitions (still empty - but coming soon)!

Looking forward to hearing from you ;-)

Best regards,

Chris

PS! The site is also reachable via www.scubapixel.com and www.undervannsfoto.no.

My old page (in norwegian) was www.dykkefoto.no - still running, but not for long... ;-)

Edited by ScubaSapiens

Really nice! Congrats on You'r new and improved page.

I like pic. of the Pink Dolphins :unsure:

Cheers,

Scubamoose

-when i click on an image the menu par is still on top of it and covers the close button on some images

-i think it looks odd that some of the menu items have drop downs and some dont, makes me think its not loading right

i must say that is a beautiful site and wonderful photos... may i ask what template/service you are using for the html and shopping cart? or did you program it as a email alert shopping cart that you fulfill orders?

Really nice! Congrats on You'r new and improved page.

I like pic. of the Pink Dolphins :unsure:

Cheers,

Scubamoose

Thanks, they really were something else - and there will be some more pictures of them on the site soon... :-)

They are notoriously hard to photograph, because of speed and the fact that the viz in Rio Negro isn't even an arms length; it was like diving in coffee.

/Chris

-when i click on an image the menu par is still on top of it and covers the close button on some images

-i think it looks odd that some of the menu items have drop downs and some dont, makes me think its not loading right

i must say that is a beautiful site and wonderful photos... may i ask what template/service you are using for the html and shopping cart? or did you program it as a email alert shopping cart that you fulfill orders?

Thanks for the feedback. Excelleint point about the menus, I'll make sure something always drops down. Never thought of that, but you're right.

I'll also move the lighbox for the image to make sure it's below the menu. Actually, it may be because some of the images are a little too large... I'll sort it, thanks!

I used Joomla 1.5/VirtueMart for this setup. Free and (quite) easy solution. I does hold a true shopping cart. I have'nt completed testing that bit 100% yet, but the idea is that people should be able to buy and download images all by themselves - automagically ;-)

/Chris

I'll also move the lighbox for the image to make sure it's below the menu. Actually, it may be because some of the images are a little too large... I'll sort it, thanks!

Hi Chris,

I noted the lightbox/ menu bar issue too. It depends on where on the page you start. If your near the bottom when you select an image its fine. Closer to the top the menu gets in the way, if that makes any sense. I think it's a lightbox position issue. Please don't make them smaller they are too good to be small. :unsure:

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Chris,

I noted the lightbox/ menu bar issue too. It depends on where on the page you start. If your near the bottom when you select an image its fine. Closer to the top the menu gets in the way, if that makes any sense. I think it's a lightbox position issue. Please don't make them smaller they are too good to be small. :)

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for the feedback - I understand fully :-)

I'll try and change the lightbox to another version, that will hopefully not interfere with the java menus. I'm sure there has to be a way to do this...

/Chris

There - I think I got the lightbox appearing behind the menu issue sorted... Feel free to test :-)

The Next/Prev buttons are missing at the moment, but I'm working on that.

/Chris

I was just checking out your intergrated store - I may have missed something but I think it needs a bit more detail on how the image is presented to the buyer. Is there only the one option as to the format that the images are for sale (ie does the buyer have any choice on sizes, frames, papers, print layout, etc). I hope that info is hellpful for you.

Love your pictures too.

Hi Stephen,

thanks for taking a peek. There are still some unresolved issues regarding the shop. There definitely is a lack of info about buying - terms and conditions etc. I want the users to have four price options depending on the intended use of the image, and I'm still working on that. There will be no choices regarding frames etc. - I will strictly sell downloadable image files.

Thanks again - and merry x-mas :-)

/Chris

Sponsors

Advertisements