Scuba_SI

A new addition to my family :)

I just picked up my new baby in KL, and thought i might share a photo of her :)

Small and way lighter than an Z1 rig :monkey:

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's for an EX1

post-4803-1229788858.jpg

Edited by Scuba_SI

So the new babe is the one taking the picture? :)

What I want to know is the name of the hotel with crinoid pics on the wall.

AT LAST Simon !!!!!

Good shooting bro... Hurry up and give us a review... Looks like a sturdy piece of equipment as well... :)

Dive safe

DeanB

Great, I was hoping someone here would get one of these. I'm definitely thinking about it as an alternative to the Gates. Is that a wide port I see there and if so which one is it? Will be very interested in the handling and results.

I have same question as Drew....

Crinoid photos on the wall?!?!?!

But i don't think its a hotel.. :lol::):D

nice looking LEDs!

Hey :lol: Mike that's so off topic... the bed may not be illuminated by LEDs. :D:lol::lol:

It's not a hotel? But... but ...but those sheets.... white Damask stripes... who would put that on a bed ...??? :rofl::D:huh::)

Hey, I had the same sheets in my house in Bali....

The hotel is in KL, Piccolo hotel - it's a soft opening. I was in a suite which was huge and really nice for the first night, but it wasn't fully finished yet so i downgraded to a normal room.

The staff appear to be lacking basic training but it will be a cool hotel once it's finished an more polished.

The housing is Sealux, i'll get it in the water once i find an insurace policy for the camera :lol: The instructions provided with the housing are pretty limited (i think due to translation issues) so i will do an in depth review once i get back to the resort.

Drew - where is a good place to buy stainless bolts etc in Singapore?

Cool!

I am really looking forward to your experience with it!

What housing you had before with the Z1?

What is the price of the housing, flatport and wide angle?

Do you also have a monitor? price?

Do you have a flip macro/red filter in the housing?

Bruno

Cool!

I am really looking forward to your experience with it!

What housing you had before with the Z1?

What is the price of the housing, flatport and wide angle?

Do you also have a monitor? price?

Do you have a flip macro/red filter in the housing?

Bruno

Nosey sod Brumpy... :lol: But yes what, what and do do...?

With the exchange rate as it is with the euro its not the cheaper option it once was... But still a good alternative to the Gates (sorry John)... :)

Dive safe

DeanB

I just got back to Singapore, had it in a small carry-on, not bigger than the average womans handbag (or Alex's manbag :lol: ). In there i had the lights, 2 ports etc, so it is a viable size for carryon, the weight will still be an issue though.

I'll post a full review once i battle the various airlines to Jakarta and Manado.

Prices are on the Sealux website, and it does have a flip filter.

I could have bought a GATES, however the crazy prices for their additional lenses really pissed me off.

Scuba SI, I do agree with you. While there has been greatly improved quality with the Gates housings, the prices have grown outrageously, and far more, I believe, then is necessary to bring in a healthy profit which all companies are entitled to. Eventually it comes to the point where you feel somehow ripped off. More than a 100% mark up is just not right.

Steve

I am really intrested in the housing and waiting on your first comments!

I contacted Seaux but they are telling me that the housing wil take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver!

I like to take it to Mozambique and Sout Africa on the 7 of Januari, are you allready back then and like to rent it to me?

Hi All,

I've taken it underwter once so far and then had to do some work on it. A lengthy report will follow shorty - i'm doing some more testing tomorrow following the modifications. :cry:

Brumpy - the housing is only available for rent in Indonesia, and will not be cheap ^_^

Sponsors

Advertisements