Sign in to follow this  
dogbreath

Best HVX 200/202 settings for underwater

I was wondering if anyone could advise on optimal settings to use on a Panasonic HVX 200 when shooting hi-def underwater?

I've got a shoot coming up soon so I'm trying to get this sorted before the job.

I read a topic a while back where Drew was saying he was going to post the best HVX 200 settings for low noise etc...

Any feedback would be appreciated muchly.

Cheers,

Matt.

I don't think I did say that. I don't have the camera anymore. I believe Aussiejosho and a few others still shoot with the HVX200. I've moved on to more unsupported little vapor cameras. :lol:

I was wondering if anyone could advise on optimal settings to use on a Panasonic HVX 200 when shooting hi-def underwater?

I've got a shoot coming up soon so I'm trying to get this sorted before the job.

I read a topic a while back where Drew was saying he was going to post the best HVX 200 settings for low noise etc...

Any feedback would be appreciated muchly.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt

What is the shoot for? Give some details about the environment, depth, lighting and subject matter and i might have some ideas for you. There are infinite possibilities with the HVX depending on the look you are hoping for.

Cheers

Josh

Hello Dogbreath,

I was Bad Bog, Inc until Michael Vick. Suddenly it's no so funny...

We use HVX200 exclusively underwater.

What I found was to use the "Cine V" set. If you like it brighter you'll want to save that setup to your memory card and adjust the finite settings to suit.

Our set is custom, set up from about 200 dives. Tweak as we went along based on what we shot and what we can do in post. Check our blog and HD PodCast on iTunes. If you like what you see email me directly. You'll want to know about white balance next. And yes we have that answer! Yea hoo.

paul@hd2o.tv

Paul

Thanks for the response boys!

Josh I was just wondering what settings to use for general shooting? CineV? Just so I get a clean un-videolike image.

Paul thanks for your info.

Cheers,

Matt.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements