Sign in to follow this  
Tjsnapper

UK Photos

I reckon I'd end up with the tree in focus and the golfer out.

\\With a 400mm from 35 feet you will hardly get anything in focus at f2.8 :dancing: and with your underwater photography, i am sure that the dry snapping would be a doddle for you.

Tristan

Edited by Tjsnapper

Tristan

How reliable have you been finding Swanage for providing diveable conditions over winter? After trying it a few times last April when viz rarely exceeded 1m, I assumed that it was unsuitable for winter diving. It would certainly be preferable to Guildenburgh or Wraysbury.

Daniel

Tristan

How reliable have you been finding Swanage for providing diveable conditions over winter? After trying it a few times last April when viz rarely exceeded 1m, I assumed that it was unsuitable for winter diving. It would certainly be preferable to Guildenburgh or Wraysbury.

Daniel

Hi Daniel, i have only been there 3 times, once, when I took the scallop shot, we nearly aborted the dive as we had less than 1m viz but if still conditions prevail and the tide is going out / slack water the viz seems to be better. I dived it solo on Christmas eve at low water and got about 3m viz but as the tide came in the viz dropped substantially.

Having said that I would rather dive at 1m viz than not at all.

Tristan

Edited by Tjsnapper

Sea and Sea makes snoots for their strobes - so you might want to try one when you use the YS250 for macro as it is pretty wide. I'm not sure if they make one specifically for the YS250 though as it is pretty new. If you can't find one, you can always use an old black cut-off wetsuit sleeve :-)

Cheers

James

Sea and Sea makes snoots for their strobes - so you might want to try one when you use the YS250 for macro as it is pretty wide. I'm not sure if they make one specifically for the YS250 though as it is pretty new. If you can't find one, you can always use an old black cut-off wetsuit sleeve :-)

Cheers

James

Thanks James, that sounds like a good idea I might try that. As i said before, i would use barn doors / strip softbox or a grid and snoot to control light with studio kit. Sometimes it feels like I am starting again... but it is fun none the less. My previous efforts have all been with single strobe and it is certainly easier to control one light :dancing:

Tristan

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements