JennyHuang

Wow! Galapagos!

Hello!

I am Jenny. ;)

Here is the slide show of Galapagos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/diverslog/set...813121668/show/

Diving in Galapagos is the best experience i have ever been!

All u/w photos were taken by D200, 17-35mm and 60mm. Land photos were taken by D700 with 70-200mm+1.4xTC.

There is no whale shark in Darwin Arch when i was there during Christmas. My boat is excellent Aggressor 1.

the vis. is bad . i have done my best for underwater photos ( if you see the noise on the photos)..... :(

thanks for the viewing and comments.

All the best, :dancing:

you have some nice shots there Jenny. the viz can be really bad at times, which makes UW photography a tough challenge. i am sure that you are very happy with your results. they have brought back a load of good memories to me. thanks for sharing. Stew

Hey Jenny,

Great series, really gives the feel of the place and makes me want to go back... tomorrow. You have a great 'eye'. I missed the whalesharks as well. Oh...and don't you love that D700. :dancing:

Jeff

Edited by loftus

good stuff Jenny, the big life is amazing isn't it?

anywhere you havent been? :dancing:

Really nice pic!! Envy

I think that if i went there I would be tempted to stay.

Mads

Great collection there. I like the full size pictures on the slide show!

Hi Jenny,

Your pictures give an excellent feel for the Galapagos. It's not just the underwater stuff thats amazing! I was on Aggressor II on 2007 & have to agree it is one of the best places I've ever been to for pelagic action. Sorry to hear you were unlucky with the whale sharks. Looks like you saw pretty much everything else though!

Hamish.

Way to go Jenny! :(

Makes me a bit jealous :dancing:

Scubamoose

Galapagos went op some places on the want-to-go-there-list.

Nice series, above and below the surf!

Oh...and don't you love that D700. :(

Jeff

Thank you Jeff!Ya!! Love it!!! Wish i can take it to underwater this Spring. :dancing:

good stuff Jenny, the big life is amazing isn't it?

anywhere you havent been? :dancing:

Yap! :(

I got a copy of the BBC's Galapagos series for Christmas. Some very amazing wildlife footage on those DVDs, but highlighted some of the issues they are having over there with population pressure and shark finning, etc.

You pics are fantastic Jenny - love those hammers.

World Class Jenny! Congrats. :good: I've never been there either but at least now thanks to you I can dream in color. Sorry you missed the whale shark. Guess you'll have to go back. Sounds like there are a bunch of folks ready to go with you.

Thanks for putting them up.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Jenny,

Beautiful images. I was temporarily taken to Galapagos while watching your pics:) Definately on my bucket list. Some of the land shots especially the finch on a small branch are lovely too.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Diggy

A very nice collection of images, looks like you saw it all, I love the hammerheads. Now if i spend the next 10 year saving up.... :good:

Tristan

Beautiful shots Jenny! I was there a few years ago with a point-and-shoot. I definitely have to go back.

:good: thank you for the great words.

Nov and June are the best months for whale shark.

Hi Jenny,

seeing your beautiful images brings me some good memories of the best dive site I have ever dived in: The Darwin's Arch.

Congratulations!

I am also surprised you were allowed to mix diving and nature touring on the Islands. On my late 2007's liveaboard we were not allowed to go on land during the 6 days trip. You have a picture of a Male Sea Lion (I think it's a male). Congratulations because that's not easy and we were told to avoid them because they can get territorial...

One other photo I enjoyed is the one of a female sea lion bitting a diver's fin. I've witnessed this beaver on my own fin. I'll never forget her eyes looking at me meanwhile nailing my fin as she was telling me "is this hurting you? do you want to play with me?"

Wonderfull world down there at Darwin and Wolf.

Many thanks!

Hi Jenny,

seeing your beautiful images brings me some good memories of the best dive site I have ever dived in: The Darwin's Arch.

Congratulations!

I am also surprised you were allowed to mix diving and nature touring on the Islands. On my late 2007's liveaboard we were not allowed to go on land during the 6 days trip. You have a picture of a Male Sea Lion (I think it's a male). Congratulations because that's not easy and we were told to avoid them because they can get territorial...

One other photo I enjoyed is the one of a female sea lion bitting a diver's fin. I've witnessed this beaver on my own fin. I'll never forget her eyes looking at me meanwhile nailing my fin as she was telling me "is this hurting you? do you want to play with me?"

Wonderfull world down there at Darwin and Wolf.

Many thanks!

Thank you so much Carlos. Sorry to hear that you missed the land tour....

My guide said that this year maybe they are not permitted to be with diving and land tour together. Only diving can be done. They will know the result from Government this March.

male sea-lion always swam around me when i shooting female but i felt he is not aggressive (maybe because i am a female too). :good:

cheers,

Edited by JennyHuang

Sponsors

Advertisements