Graham Abbott

Strange shrimp on nepthya soft coral

Oops forgot to add the photos...

I came across tiny shrimp on a nepthya soft coral and have still not got a decent crustacean ID book.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else seen one of these, does anyone have a better photo as mine isn't so good!

Thanks

post-5023-1231840234.jpg

post-5023-1231840293.jpg

Edited by Graham Abbott

Oops forgot to add the photos...

I came across tiny shrimp on a nepthya soft coral and have still not got a decent crustacean ID book.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else seen one of these, does anyone have a better photo as mine isn't so good!

Thanks

Hi Graham,

take a look here:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24233

http://underwa.ter.net/gallery2/main.php?g...p;g2_itemId=833

beo

Hi Graham, ive seen this shrimp in 2005, and we have a lot of photos of it. We found it in Wakatobi. I was never able to get a proper ID. I believe I asked on here, but I cant find the thread right away..

Here's one of the images from our wakatobi gallery:

454205747_5Gibd-XL.jpg

My shrimp guys, Sammy & Art, have yet to see an actual specimen. One says it's a Dasycaris species, the other is a species of hippolytid. None of the images so far have shown the details they need to see to be sure.

Yeah, that looks like the one! We'll have plenty of time to go in search of other unusual critters soon hey! I take it you've seen the other one that lives in the Xenia?

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham, ive seen this shrimp in 2005, and we have a lot of photos of it. We found it in Wakatobi. I was never able to get a proper ID. I believe I asked on here, but I cant find the thread right away..

Here's one of the images from our wakatobi gallery:

454205747_5Gibd-XL.jpg

Yup. Sammy thinks there's likely to be a whole suite of species hiding under the name Hippolyte commensalis.

Leslie, Thanks for the update on this! Please see the new topic about a few other shrimps I haven't got ID's on.

Yup. Sammy thinks there's likely to be a whole suite of species hiding under the name Hippolyte commensalis.

Sponsors

Advertisements