jgunther

Which Video Camera-HDRFX1000 ??

I am thinking of replacing my sony HC3 video camera with an Ikelite housing with the new Sony HDRFX1000. I will also be using this above water probably more than underwater. Are there UW housings for this camera yet, and if someone is using one, what is the quality and ease of use? Any other video camera suggestions that are comparable ? Feedback is appreciated.

As of now, there are no housings announced for the FX1k. In the future, please use the video forum for video related questions. We are nice here too. :blush:

As Drew stated, no housings yet...and as of this point, I have not heard any of the manufacturers working on a housing for it. The FX7 is a great deal right now, and if you buy a Gates housing and Superwide port, you get the camera for FREE!! Savings of $2.000

Reef Photo and Video lists an Amphibico Phenom housing for the Z5 and FX1000 that will be available in "early 2009", and they are taking preorders:

http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=p...dc868252f4da142

Pat

I heard that too from a different source, has anyone seen a Z7 Phenom in action yet? I'm sure that will produce some great images?

The Z7 is out. The Z5 has not been announced officially (but I've not followed up with Amphibico since Dec either :)) and not on their website.

Sponsors

Advertisements