anglerfish

WTB UK Germany zoom gear / manual focus gear

Hi I need zoom gears for UK Germany housing for Canon 100 mm macro and 17-40mm.

Anyone have these to sell or anyone know if lens gears by another manufacturer might work.

Thanks

Jack

Stefin,

I've read your thread on DIY lens gears. I have tried that in the past with my ikelite housing and had some success. I am currently working on a DIY lens gear for my UK germany housing but I am having a hard time finding the right sleave. Maybe I will try the vaccum tube that you had luck with. I am still looking for lens gears though.

Thanks

Post some pictures of the housing, showing how the gearing works and maybe the combined "brainpower" (Ahem!) of the Wetpixel boatshed D.I.Yers could come up with a solution. I'm sure the British contingent of WP are sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for April/May to arrive :)

Edited by Stefin

Why do you need a Zoom gear for the 100mm macro? Do you maybe mean a gear to manual focus?

Anyway I would suggest to contact UK-Germany directly. I'm sure they'll make a good price for you. I wouldn't count on self made gears underwater....in the worst case you can't zoom / focus for the whole dive !

Regards.

Tobias

Sorry

I'll try to be a bit more clear. What I need is a manual focus gear for the canon 100 mm macro. Sure I could use autofocus but I like manual focus better. I just find that it simplifies things.

What I really do need though, is a zoom gear for the canon 17 - 40 mm L series lens. I think Uwe is working on this for me but I'm not sure that I can get them in time. So if anybody has an extra zoom gear that they would like to sell I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Sponsors

Advertisements