DeanB

Stills cams that do video... Who cares !!!

I knew you were joking Dean, and see you still are, especially about money and stills :lobster::wacko::B): but thought the info useful anyway! As it happens I suspect that broadcasters too are fixated on technology at the expense of reality - just like the MPixel race really :(

I knew you were joking Dean,

:(

It just annoys me when you know that certain cams when at their best can capture some great images but a few broadcasters will only accept megabucks camera footage for their broadcast programmes and only a certain percentage of so called B or C or in my A1's case F camera footage...

Anyway back to the stills that do video thread... Arent they amazing..!!!...

Dive safe

DeanB

Well, feedback from the production company on footage from the 5D2 is good. They were quite impressed and consider the material fine for certain shots. So looks as though it will get used for filming. Proof of the pudding and all that...

Well, feedback from the production company on footage from the 5D2 is good. They were quite impressed and consider the material fine for certain shots. So looks as though it will get used for filming. Proof of the pudding and all that...

Thats good news Paul well done... You can't be as bad as people tell me :(:lobster:

But you can sell short sequences to broadcasters off cheap consumer cams if its what they want... I wonder if they'd except a 50min 'Natural world style' doccy off of that cam ???...

Whats the programme going to be... Be interested to see it... :wacko:

Dive safe

DeanB

The last shooting I did was for a series called 'Natur Cymru' (a definitive series about Welsh wildlife - which has been nominated amongst 13 S4C programmes for awards at the 2009 Celtic Media Festival) which might give you a clue - how's your Welsh? :(

how's your Welsh? :(

mo at 'n ddrwg

blannu 'n ddihangol

DeanB

ddiolch chychwïor. fi ll chymer drem

blannu 'n ddihangol

Dean (god these online translators are good...I hope :( )B

I actually remember watching some Nature stuff on sky, that was in Welsh... Absolutely amazing stuff... :lobster:

I love this thread... thanks for keeping it going...

The two post-production places I have met with about the 5dmkii were both very cynical until they "rolled the video tape" so to speak. First reactions were WOW. Then they started looking closer and went WOW again :)

.. I wonder if they'd except a 50min 'Natural world style' doccy off of that cam ???...

Don't worry Dean, by the time the pre-prod is done on this show, they'll have implemented 1080p in the 1 series cameras, with varying frame rates for overcranking, manual aperture (sorry you guys call it iris don't you) and decent audio :D ... or maybe I'm dreaming....

The last shooting I did was for a series called 'Natur Cymru' (a definitive series about Welsh wildlife - which has been nominated amongst 13 S4C programmes for awards at the 2009 Celtic Media Festival) which might give you a clue - how's your Welsh? :D

Yechidah! (Or something like that)

I love this thread... thanks for keeping it going...

The two post-production places I have met with about the 5dmkii were both very cynical until they "rolled the video tape" so to speak. First reactions were WOW. Then they started looking closer and went WOW again :D

/quote]

I've shown footage off my A1 to various producers and produciton companies with the same response... And the disbelief it comes from a £1500 HDV camera... Even seasoned NHU cameramen have bee "wowed" by footage off of this little baby... Didn't mean its going to be accepted for major broadcasts though... As soon as the 'men / ladies with the authority' see the what your shooting with they frown upon it...

Still lets pray they smile on EX1 footage sometime somewhere... :)

Dive safe

DeanB

... As soon as the 'men / ladies with the authority' see the what your shooting with they frown upon it...

DeanB

Yeh you'll always get those brick walls, the "techno-ceiling". I love the clients that spec a 20+ MP capture with the intention of making a half-page ad.

Got have some way of keep the pros in work these days I guess....

The indy world is full of work-arounds, and the 5dmkii seems to be catching on...

I remember when I SWORE I would never purchase a multi-function printer/scanner/fax....

Guess what I own now?

Sponsors

Advertisements