Sign in to follow this  
Marjo

Canon EOS 300D + Ikelite Housing

I have a Canon EOS 300D (Digital Rebel) for sale and the Ikelite housing (which comes with the digital exposure board) to house it.

The camera is in good condition - I sent it for professional cleaning and maintenence to Canon as I was going to keep it as a backup in my camera bag. Since the grip on it had become dull they changed the entire front and now it look brand new from the front. Some wear and tear can be seen on the back, but not much and it is in 100% working order. I have not used it at all since it was maintained, its just sitting in mybag taking up space so I figure I might as well offer it up for sale if it can help someone get into DSLR underwater photography without breaking the bank.

The housing is also maintained and it has the digital exposure controller board. This is very cool as you can shoot either manual or TTL.

Price for all of the above 950 + Shipping.

If you wish to have a lens and port to go with the package, I will sell you a EF 18-55mm + port for an additional $150 ( + shipping).

PM me if interested.

Marjo

Edited by Marjo

Hi Marjo,

I'm interested in this item. I'm wondering if I might be able to see some pictures of the camera and the housing if thats a possibility?

Yes, of course. I am at the office right now, but I will take some pictures and post them for you tonight as soon as I get home.

Hi Marjo,

I'm interested in this item. I'm wondering if I might be able to see some pictures of the camera and the housing if thats a possibility?

Here are some pictures of the camera and the housing http://www.flickr.com/photos/yummilicious/...57613357733267/

Really hoping this rig will get to still go into the water :D

Marjo,

I'm interested in the entire package minus the lens (I have this exact lens already, so I would like to have the port). What kind of price would you offer for the package minus the lens? John

Hi John, I can do housing with port + camera...$1000 + shipping. ~ Marjo

This rig is back on the market and has been significantly updated!

What happened was that I found a buyer for this rig. When I was about to send it out, I noticed some beginning crackling around one of the controls at the front of the housing and notified the buyer that I would feel much more comfortable if I could send this to Ikelite for a checkup before going through with the deal so that we could both assure a happy outcome. The buyer agreed.

I sent the housing to Ikelite. They agreed that the crackling could become a problem and instead of just applying some emp fix they actually REPLACED the entire front of the housing! In addition, they kindly replaced all the pushpin assemblies on the entire housing with brand spanking new hardware. (That is just Ikelite for you, I'm a big fan!)

However, for some logistical reasons, it took me a while to get the housing back, and my buyer was off on a trip and really wanted to have some gear with him on the trip so he ended up purchasing another rig.

When the rig came back to me from the "upgrade" it was so shiny and pretty that I had second thoughts about selling it. My plan was to hang on to it and to use it as a backup on my upcoming PNG trip. However, now that I am in the "packing phase" trying to cram down two full underwater rigs, two sets of scuba, photoear for shooting birds, presents for friends, gear for land excursions, clothes etc etc I am realizing that it is just no way I can bring all this gear with me!

So... back on the market:

- One used Canon 300D DSLR that has not been shot since it was factory maintained. Front of camera body replaced so front half of the camera looks brand spanking new.

- One recently maintained and upgraded housing for this Canon 300D . Front half completely new, back has all new pushpin assemblies. Has he digital TTL EV controller board. Only thing that looks "used" is the metal tray as it has some cosmetic flaws due to some of the paint chipping.

- Manuals, orings, some silicone tubes and cleaning sponges included. Want to pick my brain, I'll be happy to answer any questions as well.

I will toss in a 18-55mm kit-lens and matching domeport if you wish. I have not shot that lens, it should be working OK, but this is an extra "as is", just because I haven't checked it out for a while.

Great opportunity for someone who wants to make the move into DSLR without breaking the bank. $1000 + shipping takes the lot.

Edited by Marjo

SOLD and on it's way to new diving adventures :rolleyes:

SOLD and on it's way to new diving adventures :rolleyes:

Cheers Marjo, I will let you know when he gets it and of course get him to post some pics when he gets back from Cocos.

All the best, Stew

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements