Sign in to follow this  
DDT uk

For Sale: Sea & Sea D70 housing

I am selling on my S&S DX-D70 housing. No ports, just the housing.

The housing has also had a second strobe sync port professionally added. It has been serviced annually (last was in November). It is well used but in good condition.

However, it has had a slight leak. This has been professionally repaired but you can see where it has been done. The insides were all replaced and repair afterwards. It has done another 100 dives over 18 months since without issues.

I am look for £400 (thats about $600 ot 450 EUR-although I want £s). I will also sell the buyer a D70 for £150 if they want it.

If anyone whats any pictures I will be happy to provide them.

Daniel

Still up for sale. I have reduced the price to £350.

It will go on ebay on Sunday if there are no takers by then.

Daniel

Still up for sale. I have reduced the price to £350.

It will go on ebay on Sunday if there are no takers by then.

Daniel

hi daniel

hope u havent put the housing up on ebay yet, im defo interestedin the housing,, i have a d70 i got a link to this website from scuba board sorry im late i have been busy since i posted on scuba board, hope u havent put it up there yet

it says the housing isint being made anymore would that mean i wouldnt be able to get new ports

hit back thanks very much

hi daniel

hope u havent put the housing up on ebay yet, im defo interestedin the housing,, i have a d70 i got a link to this website from scuba board sorry im late i have been busy since i posted on scuba board, hope u havent put it up there yet

it says the housing isint being made anymore would that mean i wouldnt be able to get new ports

hit back thanks very much

I haven't actually put it up yet.

The Sea and Sea D70 housing takes the Sea and Sea NX ports that are still made and widely sold. They are the same as used on the current D300, D3, D200, D80 models (although they now call them MDX).

Daniel

I haven't actually put it up yet.

The Sea and Sea D70 housing takes the Sea and Sea NX ports that are still made and widely sold. They are the same as used on the current D300, D3, D200, D80 models (although they now call them MDX).

Daniel

Sea & Sea NX ports crop up on ebay.co.uk and ebay.com from time to time. I have bought three from there.

Good luck!

John

Edited by john70490

Sea & Sea NX ports crop up on ebay.co.uk and ebay.com from time to time. I have bought three from there.

Good luck!

John

okay daniel

i will go and find out about the ports and get back to u right away, im really excited now haha could u post some pictures u have a taken with it and maybe some pictures of the housing too

i had no idea the ports were so expensive, it comes to 534.97 for the 3 parts i need....wow ill check ebay do u know anywhere else i can get the 2nd hand ports

The problem with ports is that most people keep hold of them when they upgrade. Hence there are far fewer ports on the market than housings.

I don't know where you are based but some of the Japanese dealers are cheap, even after import tax (for example www.uwdigitalcamera.com)

or if you are going to the States B&H are very good (I don't know if they ship overseas)

The other option is to put a post up in this classified section here saying that you would like to buy S&S ports.

Daniel

The problem with ports is that most people keep hold of them when they upgrade. Hence there are far fewer ports on the market than housings.

I don't know where you are based but some of the Japanese dealers are cheap, even after import tax (for example www.uwdigitalcamera.com)

or if you are going to the States B&H are very good (I don't know if they ship overseas)

The other option is to put a post up in this classified section here saying that you would like to buy S&S ports.

Daniel

thanks for the help daniel ill have a look at the sites u mentioned and post here too ill get back to u tomorrow thanks again and also thanks to the other guys that posted here, im living in ireland

Edited by buleetu

BUMP

The chap who wanted to buy this appears to have lost interest.

Still for sale. Pictures available.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

Where was the leak and how bad. Please send pictures and details of the repair. I may be intereted in the D70 as well so piccy's of that would be good too.

Hi Daniel

Where was the leak and how bad. Please send pictures and details of the repair. I may be intereted in the D70 as well so piccy's of that would be good too.

If you want to give me your email address I can send you pictures. The leak resulted in a small teaspoon of water getting into the housing. The camera and lens were undamaged, unaffected. I can produce receipts for the repair (by KMR) as well as receipts for subsequent pressure tests and servicing showing that it is no longer a problem.

Daniel

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements