pieterrutten

Underwater Arts Contest

Yesterday, during the Duikvaker exhibition in Utrecht - The Netherlands, the winners of the Underwater Arts Contest where announced.

I was announced as the winner of the masters catagory: “Nature Awareness”.

The photograph had to tell a message. My message was to make people aware not to throw their waste in the water or other places. Maybe its out of sight, but it is still there for many years.

My photograph shows a diver picking up an empty coke-can...

PR-UAC-bewust.jpg

As soon as the complete results are online, I'll post a link here.

grtz,

Pieter Rutten

Edited by pieterrutten

A very nice image, Pieter. Your photo tells the story very simply and effectively. Well done!

I was at the ceremony Pieter, nice images there. It's kinda funny, both Willem Gingnagel (he runs that contest) and Ron Offermans are practically neighbors of mine. What a small world.

I have to ask this, but what does Duikvaker mean. I understand a bit of Dutch and I know duik means dive, but divevaker does not sound so good in English. :huh:

I have to ask this, but what does Duikvaker mean. I understand a bit of Dutch and I know duik means dive, but divevaker does not sound so good in English. :notworthy:

Duik means "dive"

Vaker means "more often"

Duikvaker = dive more often..

Gefeliciteerd Pieter! :huh:

I noticed your pic on the walls, I hope have something on those walls too next year :deadhorse:

Sponsors

Advertisements