Ed_Dman

Anilao January 2009 with Canon G10.

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to share some of the shots I took during my recent trip to Anilao and had the chance to test out the new Canon G10. All were taken with G10, Canon housing with adapter, single Inon Z240 & lenses. All constructive comments are welcome. Thanks & Happy Viewing!

img2645tr0.jpg

img2430kv1.jpg

img2437ez3.jpg

img2621ff3.jpg

img2611yg7.jpg

Btw, only took a few WA shots, as I was testing out the macro capabilities on this trip... :huh:

Ed.

A few more... :huh:

img2354ac4.jpg

img2494tv6.jpg

img2467vu6.jpg

img2556tu9.jpg

img2637vw7.jpg

Thanks!

Ed.

Ed,

Now you have me salivating about taking my own G10 to such a beautiful location!

Great job :huh:

dhaas

Awesome!

Any wet mounted lenses or just the camera and OEM housing?

Phil

Wonderful Pics! I am heading to Anilao and Tubbataha in April and am thinking the G10 will be my next purchase.

Two quick questions if I may;

Which adapter are you using with the OEM housing for your Inon Lens'?

What settings did you shoot the Ribbon Eel with!? If you do not wish to share, I understand - it is a great shot, and thanks for sharing!

Steve

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas... :deadhorse:

Phil - Yup! Was using the Inon UCL165M67 lenses...

Stephen - It's a new adapter, not in the market yet. I was testing it out, but should be out very soon. As for the Ribbon Eel, I shot it with 1/250 & F8. :huh:

Ed.

Edited by Ed_Dman

Beautiful as always Ed :huh: please do give us an input on the wide angle capabilities once you try out a few more shots. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Diggy

Fabulistic images!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Diggy & AMW! :huh:

Diggy - Definitely will... :deadhorse:

Ed.

Edited by Ed_Dman

Ed- Man you'r simply incredible

Your pics are wonderful ..and all this with a compact camera in an OEM housing ..single flash also !!

Congratulations

:huh:

Very nice! :) U should get Canon to sponsor your cameras! (if they hadn't)... :pardon:

Thanks a lot, Loftus, Girelle & Xariatay. You all have been really kind and supportive, I really appreciate it... :)

Xariatay - You know anyone in Canon? :pardon:

Ed.

Thanks a lot, Loftus, Girelle & Xariatay. You all have been really kind and supportive, I really appreciate it... :)

Xariatay - You know anyone in Canon? :fishred:

Ed.

Unfortunately no.... But am surprised that they haven't got to u yet... Ok, I think I should write to them & point them to Brian & u! :pardon:

Am curious to know how many shots do u take of each subject? All look so perfect! Oh the harlequinn ghost pipefish (close-up one) is so sharp that the eggs inside could be seen... How did u do that?

Unfortunately no.... But am surprised that they haven't got to u yet... Ok, I think I should write to them & point them to Brian & u! :pardon:

Am curious to know how many shots do u take of each subject? All look so perfect! Oh the harlequinn ghost pipefish (close-up one) is so sharp that the eggs inside could be seen... How did u do that?

Hehe... Thanks anyway!

Normally, I would take 2-3 shots if there are other divers around. However, I would spend a lil bit more time if I find the subject interesting... :)

Ed.

Wonderful Pics! I am heading to Anilao and Tubbataha in April and am thinking the G10 will be my next purchase.

Two quick questions if I may;

Which adapter are you using with the OEM housing for your Inon Lens'?

What settings did you shoot the Ribbon Eel with!? If you do not wish to share, I understand - it is a great shot, and thanks for sharing!

Steve

Here's the adapter for the Canon G10 housing (WP-DC 28) by UWCa. It's a new adapter and due out in a few weeks time (according to the manufacturer).

uwcaadapter1smalldr5.jpg

uwcaadapter2smallrn3.jpg

uwcaadapter3smallzk3.jpg

- Made from High Quality Aluminum Alloy

- Internal O-ring for easy attachment and snug fit without any screw required

- Smooth M67 thread for easy lens attaching and removing

- Light and durable

Ed.

Edited by Ed_Dman

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to share some of the shots I took during my recent trip to Anilao and had the chance to test out the new Canon G10. All were taken with G10, Canon housing with adapter, single Inon Z240 & lenses. All constructive comments are welcome. Thanks & Happy Viewing!

Ed.

Great shots....

Thanks Ed,

It is similar to the adapter I use for my G7.

I am planning on upgrading to the G10 before April, and am thinking the OEM housing will do just fine; though I am still considering Ikelite.

Can't wait to see some of the Wide Angle shots!

Those are all superb, Ed. The ghost pipefish is nothing short of amazing. You did a great job with your photography.

Can the adaptor be used on the G9? Nice that the diffuser could still be used with this adaptor...

Those are all superb, Ed. The ghost pipefish is nothing short of amazing. You did a great job with your photography.

Thanks a lot, Jim! You have always been nice and supportive... I really appreciate it! :)

Ed.

Can the adaptor be used on the G9? Nice that the diffuser could still be used with this adaptor...

Nope! It won't fit the G9, it is designed specifically for the original Canon housing (WP-DC28). :)

Ed.

Sponsors

Advertisements