Sign in to follow this  
woody

My first seahorse

Hi all,

Yesterday during a night dive I came across the first seahorse I have ever seen in my 4 years of diving. These are the best shots I have Seahorse.

The little beast was really nestled tight and swaying with the current, so I did not want to get too close for fear of touching it. All I have done to the shots is apply some sharpening. So, what do you think? Could I have done better? Please hammer!!!!!!!

Thanks,

John

Hard to hammer them when I really like them, and they are better than any of mine :unsure:

FWIW: I think that the first of the four is superior to the others, by a pretty big margin. Even though you only see the head of the seahorse, it is well distinguished from the background while at the same time showing the exquisite camouflage. I think it captures the "retiring" nature of the seahorse well too.

nice shots.

Thanks for the kind comments Craig. I always find it very difficult to make an objective judgement of my own shots, but I can see what you mean about the "retiring" character of the seahorse. Diving again tomorrow in the same place, so I will hopefully find it again :unsure:

I can see that it was hard to get close to this Seahorse. I would try to get closer if possible and also if possible try to shoot up at the Seahorse. Still looks like you did a good job with a difficult subject.

Love those seahorses.

I would suggest a closer approach to the subject and attempting to get an eye or, have the subject facing the camera a bit more. Understandably impossible sometimes so you make the best of the situation presented to you.

IMHO

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements