Sign in to follow this  
vetdiver

Does your UPS use conservation rules

All -

My local UPS is having a meeting tomorrow, and one of the planned topics is whether to adopt EPIC (or other) conservation rules for our internal monthly competitions. Believe me, I have my own strong bias, but I am really trying to be open-minded... I am compiling an abbreviated list of international comps and UPS's, as well as the EPIC rules and some modificed rules (e.g., NCUPS seem to be a bit modified, though the same basics as EPIC) so that I can attend the meeting prepared and with some ideas as to how to get agreement from people of all different ages/backgrounds.

Anyways, if your UPS and/or local shootout uses EPIC or modified conservation rules, can you please either post it here or PM me? And if not, I'd like to hear from you, also - especially the reasoning behind why your club has chosen not to adopt rules. I promise to keep my opinions to myself, I am really just trying to ensure that I approach this with all the best information I can compile at short notice. Thank you!

Best,

Allison

I'm bumping this in the hopes of getting some responses. This issue got tabled back in the spring, and it's time for my local club to discuss it again.

I really need some input from you guys, if you have a minute. If you're not interested in putting your opinion out there for all to see, please PM me.

Thanks!

Allison

For some reason I immediately thought "uninterruptible power supply" and thought "why would you want a backup power supply to be 'conservation' sensitive - it's a piece of emergency backup gear for critical data or system preservation, hence something you want always topped-off?".

Sorry, no help to the OP...except perhaps in giving an additional bump that might get someone with the right knowledge to actually read the thread.

So having read the rules here I'd say there shouldn't really be any contention about adopting them. They seem to be very mild to me.

Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location is banned. Which means that moving them is still OK as long as it's not risky?

Animals being fed artificial food from divers is banned. Not quite sure what artificial food is - I presume that's so shark feeding shots are allowed, although I've never seen a chumsicle in nature.

But generally all fairly uncontentious stuff IMHO.

Edited by wizbowes

Hi Allison,

After reading your post I had to go read our conservation rules again and do some research on their background. I believe our conservation rules are based on the EPIC conservation rules. However over the years they have been changed slightly, mostly to consolidate while still conveying our desire to preserve the marine environment. I can't imagine any competition not having some form of conservation rules. I too searched and found the EPIC conservation rules on their website and reviewed them.

Best,

Kathy Mendes

NCUPS SEA Competition Coordinator

DEADLINE OCTOBER 9, 2009

Rules, regulations and entry forms at www.ncups.org

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements