Aussiejosho

Light and Motion LED 2000 Battery error emergency!

Hi all

Packing for a month shooting in Indonesia and I have a battery error! Flashing green and orange lights on the charger. Has anyone come across a fix for this? I may not have time to get a replacement. Any ideas most welcome.

Cheers

Josh

How many chargers do you have? Is it a problem for both batteries? Could it be the charger? How long since the batteries were last charged?

I had a problem with my 2000's and LMI were great at sorting it out.

How many chargers do you have? Is it a problem for both batteries? Could it be the charger? How long since the batteries were last charged?

I had a problem with my 2000's and LMI were great at sorting it out.

I have two chargers and both give the same error code. The batteries worked fine a month ago.

I too have found LMI to be pretty good but no time for them this time around.

Have you tried fully discharging them using the lights and starting over?

Are you flying direct to Bali or via Singapore? If via Singapore maybe try picking up some new batteries there.

Additionally if you have a multitester handy i can compare your values with the mine, maybe it will help to diagnose the error.

Additionally if you have a multitester handy i can compare your values with the mine, maybe it will help to diagnose the error.

\

Thanks Simon, I tried that but the battery is dead flat so no luck there. We are going via Singapore and also have an offer from an Aussie shop that might be able to help so I guess its just down to some more dollars.

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Josh

I had spares sent to Scubacam direct from LMI, it might be worth a shot.

However beware of their 'drop off fee' It cost me a total of S$100 for pickup and drop off within a few blocks.

If you dont get it sorted and you are coming to Lembeh - buy me lots of beer and i might be able to help you out :)

I had spares sent to Scubacam direct from LMI, it might be worth a shot.

However beware of their 'drop off fee' It cost me a total of S$100 for pickup and drop off within a few blocks.

If you dont get it sorted and you are coming to Lembeh - buy me lots of beer and i might be able to help you out :)

Thanks mate, I might take you up on that but hopefully it'll get sorted before I leave.

Cheers

Josh

ScubaCam is your best option. Call ahead and make sure David has it waiting for you.

Thanks guys, I have two replacements on their way to Brisbane from Cairns so I can hopefully pick them up before I leave the country. Nice to know there was another option out there. Maybe "emergency" was too strong a word :D

Thanks to all.

Your battery may be fine. Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

Seriously though, if you haven't used it in a while it just may need some time on the charger before it charges up. Leave it plugged in overnight and most likely it will recover and charge up just fine. This happens to me from time to time. The best thing you can do for the battery is use it regularly, if you can't then pull it out every once in a while and run it though a cycle. A little exercise will do it good. Always charge it back up fully before you pack it away. Rechargeable batteries should never be stored empty, they don't like that.

If after leaving it on charge overnight it still does not work, then it may truly be bad in which case it needs to be replaced. Good luck.

Danb

Your battery may be fine. Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

Seriously though, if you haven't used it in a while it just may need some time on the charger before it charges up. Leave it plugged in overnight and most likely it will recover and charge up just fine. This happens to me from time to time. The best thing you can do for the battery is use it regularly, if you can't then pull it out every once in a while and run it though a cycle. A little exercise will do it good. Always charge it back up fully before you pack it away. Rechargeable batteries should never be stored empty, they don't like that.

If after leaving it on charge overnight it still does not work, then it may truly be bad in which case it needs to be replaced. Good luck.

Danb

Thanks for the tip Dan, I will have to try that when I get back, no time now as I leave in a few hours. It was only used a month ago and was left with a full charge. If it works, I guess i will have another spare.

I have the same problem with one of my spares :D

Sponsors

Advertisements