vetdiver

WITHDRAWN - Brand new, never-used YS250 strobe

I am not sure if I want to sell this, just checking to see if there is some interest. I have a brand-spanking new Sea and Sea YS-250 strobe - it has never been out of the box. It is kind of big/heavy for all the shore diving I do, and I am still deciding whether to keep it or not. If you are interested, PM me - would consider selling it for $900 OBO to include domestic shipping.

Allison

what all comes with the strobe?

Don.

Charger, battery, extra o-rings...just as it was shipped... I had an award credit for most of the value, that's all. It isn't a trick :P

I did unwrap it and admire its shiny beauty yesterday afternoon, though - so pretty!! I am quite torn. It looks like it could pack a (light) wallop UW...but the thought of lugging that behemoth to and from the parking lot at la Jolla Shores is cringeworthy, and I own 2 DS125s and 2 DS90's already...(I am actually also thinking of selling my DS125's and buying a second YS-250 behemoth, too. I am going to need a chiropractor or orthopedist within the next few years anyways...)

So there's another idea - I have 2 DS125's, they are NOT NOT, NOT in like-new condition, they have probably 300 dives on them, many from shore. Cosmetic issues, dings, etc. Never had any issues with them, no flooding, and they are soaked after every dive day in my own guest bathtub :), though there is some lingering sand in the clips (Ike has replaced one gratis for me in the recent past). However, they'd come with a smart charger each and a spare battery pack each, and I have 1 barely-used (just replaced) Nikonos to Ike dual sync cord and one new-in-box Nikonos to Ike sync cord... $950 for all w/domestic shipping?

Yes, I am indecisive.

Edited by vetdiver

Charger, battery, extra o-rings...just as it was shipped... I had an award credit for most of the value, that's all. It isn't a trick :P

I did unwrap it and admire its shiny beauty yesterday afternoon, though - so pretty!! I am quite torn. It looks like it could pack a (light) wallop UW...but the thought of lugging that behemoth to and from the parking lot at la Jolla Shores is cringeworthy, and I own 2 DS125s and 2 DS90's already...(I am actually also thinking of selling my DS125's and buying a second YS-250 behemoth, too. I am going to need a chiropractor or orthopedist within the next few years anyways...)

So there's another idea - I have 2 DS125's, they are NOT NOT, NOT in like-new condition, they have probably 300 dives on them, many from shore. Cosmetic issues, dings, etc. Never had any issues with them, no flooding, and they are soaked after every dive day in my own guest bathtub :), though there is some lingering sand in the clips (Ike has replaced one gratis for me in the recent past). However, they'd come with a smart charger each and a spare battery pack each, and I have 1 barely-used (just replaced) Nikonos to Ike dual sync cord and one new-in-box Nikonos to Ike sync cord... $950 for all w/domestic shipping?

Yes, I am indecisive.

IMHO, pre-owned DS-125 has a 'very' high demand. That shouldn't be an issue, the question is if you want to dive with 2 YS250 ?!

the question is if you want to dive with 2 YS250 ?!

Sorry folks, I don't understand the potential problems your imagining. I dive with two of the little beauties and so did half the boat on my last Caymen trip. Allison, you should give it a try in the water. Watch how fast it recyles. Enjoy how much battery power you have left after a day of shooting. After you see how much they help your photography I'll bet they start getting a lot lighter.

Cheers,

Steve

So there's another idea - I have 2 DS125's, they are NOT NOT, NOT in like-new condition, they have probably 300 dives on them, many from shore. Cosmetic issues, dings, etc. Never had any issues with them, no flooding, and they are soaked after every dive day in my own guest bathtub :) , though there is some lingering sand in the clips (Ike has replaced one gratis for me in the recent past). However, they'd come with a smart charger each and a spare battery pack each, and I have 1 barely-used (just replaced) Nikonos to Ike dual sync cord and one new-in-box Nikonos to Ike sync cord... $950 for all w/domestic shipping?

Yes, I am indecisive.

Hi there,

Can the DS125s be optically fired? As I have a canon ixus 850is (looking to upgrade to the sx200 is or something similar in the future). Also, would you ship to the UK. If so, how much would you be looking at as a total price?

Many thanks, Ashley

Well, I am making a half-assed attempt at being financially responsible. That is why I'm considering selling my very pretty 250. (It is so pretty that I put the box in a guest room rather than having it near my camera rig, don't want the temptation....)

That said, I may buy a new 250 and switch. I am already hauling about 60% of my body weight into the water once or twice a week from the parking lot, what's a couple more pounds??? Wow, I am not good at responsibility.

Ashley - I really don't know about optic firing on the 125's. You may want to post your query in the "light" forum...? I googled it, didn't see anything about it on the first page. As for shipping, I can price that out this week. I am also happy to looking into sending all battery packs to Ike, which is here in the US, to make sure they are cleaned of pesky sand or replaced as needed, if you are serious and not in a huge hurry.

thanks for getting back to me - ive decided not to go ahead with 125s. just thought i'd let you know. thanks anyway :-)

Thanks for letting me know, Ashley. Godd luck finding what you're after.

As for this stuff, these items are WITHDRAWN for now - I have another YS250 en route (Steve, maybe you'd like to come out and help me lug those puppies to the water and through the surf???). I am going to decide what, if anything, to sell once I've given everything a try.

So much for financial responsibility - at least I am supporting the economy. :P

I have another YS250 en route (Steve, maybe you'd like to come out and help me lug those puppies to the water and through the surf???).

I don't think you'll be sorry Allison. Just get yourself a comfortable handle for the Subal. Move the strobes back a little and lock down the arms so the rig is balanced for your walk and you won't have a problem. Worst case aren't the beaches in San Diego covered with good looking surfer dudes who could give a lady a hand? Or you could put some sand tires on a little red wagon and haul all your gear very stylishly. Probably less upkeep.

Just for fun, not recommending you shoot this way all the time. Get yourself a nice macro subject, put them on about 1/2 power and hit the shutter on your 20D as fast as you can and enjoy. They really do open new opportunities.

Have fun,

Steve

Worst case aren't the beaches in San Diego covered with good looking surfer dudes who could give a lady a hand? Or you could put some sand tires on a little red wagon and haul all your gear very stylishly.

LOL - not sure they can identify me as a lady in my super-sexy drysuit ("garbage bag") and wearing a hood whilst lumbering towards the ocean!! As for the red wagon - it would either be ticketed or stolen, I'm quite certain. No bother, they only add a few lbs, so I'll figure out a new clip system or get some stronger bungee....and maybe hit the gym for a bit longer each day. :P Thanks for the shooting tips, have now had the same one from a few people, so I am ready for my second behemoth to arrive!

Sponsors

Advertisements