Sign in to follow this  
scorpio_fish

Indonesia VISA on arrival

I am familiar with the concept of nice crispy clean $US bills for the Visa, but will they take Rupiah? I've still got quite a bit from previous trips.

I just checked the latest Lonely Planet. It says, "The cost is $25...you can pay by credit card or major currency..." My guess is they want the hard currencies. Save the rupiah for Bintang :P

Phil

You can pay with RP or credit card but exchange rate very high, so better pay with USD (prepare for small note).

They are getting better on accepting less then pristine dollars, but the last time I went through (Bali - Sep. '08) I only had a $100. They gave my change back in Rp. at a terrible rate. So I would say have exactly $25. I have not heard of them taking credit cards, and I would be leary about using one at an Indo airport.

Also, in Oct. '05 in Manado there was a couple ahead of me that only had Euro and they would not accept it.

Agree with expat diver, make sure you have the dollars available in the exact amount. Whenever I was going in and out of Medan on visa runs the dollars were always the easiest way.

dont forget either that your day of arrival counts towards the number of days you can use you VOA. This can be especially troubling if you go for a 7 day visa, say for example you arrive on a saturday then your visa will only be valid till the friday not the saturday, even if you just arrive at 11pm on a saturday. just been through that, it's no hassle you just pay extra on the way out but still can be a bit surprising.

/paul

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements