Sign in to follow this  
underwatercolours

Scuba Club Cozumel Photo Contest Winners

Congratulations to the Scuba Club Cozumel Photo Contest Winners

This is a fun little contest we do at my workshops in Cozumel, but we got so many great shots this time I just have to show them off.

Robyn Churchill swept away the general category first place title with a tie of two gorgeous images; the wreck of the C-53 and a parrotfish. Robin won a Sea & Sea YS110a strobe.

480017595_GgWNi-S.jpg482281722_awfRX-S.jpg

Ellen Bedrosian captured the very close second place with a stunning shot of a free-swimming shrimp on a red sponge background, which won her an Atomic Aquatics SV snorkel.

481392229_NeURo-S.jpg

Scott Nielsen took third with a great shot and very unique angle of a green moray.

481774828_RRkVM-S.jpg

We also set up a special competition for images captured on the shore dive in front of Scuba Club. There is so much amazing potential there. A Sea & Sea YS110a strobe went to Bart Hazes for the best shot captured on a SCC shore dive.

481424312_KB3zN-S.jpg

There were also honorable mentions for too many to list here, so I posted them on the Scuba Club Cozumel website. Many of these images were taken with a point & shoot camera!

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!! to all the participants who walked away with some really amazing shots! I hope to dive with you all again soon.

Congrats to all of the winners. The images were great!

Congratulations! Too bad I couldn't be there for this trip to submit an over/under image :P

I hear the currents were really ripping on this trip, but the images are still fantastic in spite of everyone having to deal with them.

Thanks Bonnie for posting these images.

Ellen

Edited by ornate_wrasse

Great shots!

The picture of the green moray is really awesome :P

Congratulations! Too bad I couldn't be there for this trip to submit an over/under image :P

I hear the currents were really ripping on this trip, but the images are still fantastic in spite of everyone having to deal with them.

Ellen, It wasn't the same without you!

We only had bad currents on a couple of dives, but nothing unmanageable. On other days we had dead calm on Tormentos. We were doing the dive north-to-south and back, which was kind of fun for a change. It feels like a totally new dive site when you do it backward. The water was 77 degrees on my computer and I froze my butt when I tried to wear my usual Henderson Tri-Lam. Normally that's perfect for Cozumel but I had to resort to neoprene and weight this time. Scuba Club was perfect as usual.

Very nice images!

I really wanted to be there with you.

Each morning, I watched the boats leave with you guys on the SCC webcam and shed tears into my coffee that I couldn't be there - but I do that every morning.

Congrats to the winners.

I can't wait until August!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements