Sign in to follow this  
ScubaJedi

Critters from Kota Kinabalu

Greetings all.

These pictures were taken at a dive site called Edgell's Patches off the coast of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, a popular transit for people on their way to Mabul, Sipadan, Langkayan etc. I'm quite new to UW photography and it's prompted me to get my first 'serious' digital camera, the G10. All shots were taken using macro mode, built in flash through diffuser in the Canon housing.

The location is quite underrated in my opinion, with most dive sites being 20 minutes max from the city's main jetty, and within a National Park area. With the recent change in temperature to around 26 degrees from a year round average of 30, more species are turning up which makes for a pleasant change.

All feedback appreciated, in an effort to share and hopefully improve on what are novice abilities.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Gday Jedi,

As a self confessed novice my opinion could only be just that...an opinion.

I personally think you have done well and produced some nice shots. The angles are ok, lighting is fine, clear pictures etc etc

The only major feedback i could give you is to start working on editing them. By means of Photoshop, Lightroom etc., minor feedback would be to experiment with your exposure settings. I like to take photos of the same subject using different exposures to see which turns out. sometimes taking up to 20 frames per subject to get it right.

Play around with some settings post-production software and make some fine improvements and you should see these come to life a bit more.

PS: Love the nudi at the bottom, would love to see some more of it in different angles.

Cheers

Evan

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements