Sign in to follow this  
manfishmatt

Medium Format Underwater

I mostly shoot black and white film when it comes to underwater still photography, but I thought someone here may be interested in the new housing I just got. The housing is for a Contax 645 and was developed by some friends of mine. There we only four made but there is still one available. The three of us who have them shoot film but the housing can be modified to accommodate a digital back. You can see some pics of my set up here Contax 645 Housing

If anyone is interested you can send me a PM for more information.

Cheers

Tell us about the lens / port combination you have come up with. This always seems to be the downfall of most medium format UW systems, so we'd love to know how you addressed the optics.

Tell us about the lens / port combination you have come up with. This always seems to be the downfall of most medium format UW systems, so we'd love to know how you addressed the optics.

There are two lenses I use with the housing. The Contax Zeiss 80mm with a 13mm extension ring and the Contax Ziess 35mm with no extension. The port is borrowed from the Amphibico HD Amphibicam housing (used to house the Sony F900 and Panasonic Varicam) acrylic front element. I am not exactly sure of the specs but I think the outside of the dome is equivalent to a 12 in dome and the inside is less making the dome thicker at the edges.

Hi, manfishmatt,

I have a couple of questions about the Contax housing. Unfortunately I was unable to PM you (perhaps I am too new?).

Could you contact me at brad at gibsonphotographic dot com?

Thanks,

-Brad

I am not interested in the one for sale, but really sad I just sold both of my 645's. What a great camera! Congrats on the wonderful system.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements