I am just back from a fantastic trip in Antarctica, and made a movie that you can enjoy, there is only a small part from underwater!

Let me know what you think

Edited by Brumpy

Excellent work, Brumpy. Really enjoyed it. Beautiful landscapes and the leopard seals underwater were great- playful, but also slightly menacing!

Would love to go there one day.

Very well done, I enjoyed them both. It seems as if Antarctica is the 'hot' place to go right now. I know several who have been there in the last year. Don't think I'd go skinny dipping there though. It might shrink to nothingness if you get my point. ;-)

Steve

Edited by steve

Nice film Bruno,

I hope we can see it soon the whole stuff at the end of October :drink:

Best,

Jules

By the way: try vimeo for sharing your films, it has HD capability and if am right, it is not limited to 10 minutes...

Edited by Jules (Helioxfilm)

Wonderful stuff there.

Man.... how can they stay in the water for that long....

Interesting report, but it really doesn't come to any substantiated conclusions, just speculation that one shouldn't play with them by the ice flow's edge and that if they come at you, it will be from out of your sightline. With a similar experience, in Alaska, the Stellar sea lions were very aggressive towards divers, sending one divemaster to the hospital to get stitches from a bite on the head and then the next week, another also took a bite of a guest's hood. Fortunately, that one didn't draw blood but the dive was aborted for everyone after 10 minutes. This occurred on the Nautilus Explorer last June.

Steve

Very nice films! I was there last year with Aquafirma/Waterproof expeditions and being in the water with the Leopard seals was definitely a highlight. Watching your films has left me yearning to go back.

Mike

Great stuff, very beautiful both above and below water.

But the people diving in the water with just bathing suits ... I got frost bite through the computer :drink:

Fantastic Video! I really liked your choice of music. I preferred the first video for viewing the sheer beauty of the area. Nice underwater shots of that huge jellyfish like creature, too.

I don't dare ask the temperature of the water that they were swimming in :-)

And, as for floating on a chunk of ice... Maybe he'd had so much to drink that he just didn't feel any pain :drink:

Thanks for sharing.

Ellen

Sponsors

Advertisements