Sign in to follow this  
randapex

Backup light

I was cleaning up some photo gear and got to a light I bought 3 years ago that's still working on the same set of batteries and has saved me on several dive trips. It's not often an inexpensive product lives up to it's hype but the 50 hr burn time must be pretty accurate. It's no Fix light, but it does do a good enough job in a pinch. And for $52.00, you can't beat the price. ULCS makes a velcro holder with a ball on the end for mounting it. Check it out here:

LED Lenser

Rand

I've had two of these for a couple of years or so now. I use them for back-up lights. They're inexpensive, dependable, ultra-light weight, supposed to get 50 hours on four AAA batteries. I haven't run one down yet...

I've had two of these for a couple of years or so now. I use them for back-up lights. They're inexpensive, dependable, ultra-light weight, supposed to get 50 hours on four AAA batteries. I haven't run one down yet...

This must be the small one. The one I have uses AA batteries and would make a nice spotting light if it were diffused a bit.

This must be the small one. The one I have uses AA batteries and would make a nice spotting light if it were diffused a bit.

Yeah, the AAA light has a smoother beam but is also weaker. I made a simpe diffusor for the AA version and got a nice smooth beam from that one too (even though the diffusor eats some light).

In a way I am more impressed of the AAA version as it so small, still smoth and the batteries seems to holds for ever. But, as a dive light it is very weak. This of course depends and when and where you dive. I use it on night dives (in dark green, low viz water) hanging on my BCD for lightening up my instruments and camera. I used to use both the AA and AAA taped together as a focus light. It's a little too weak and not wide enough (as I need to reposition the focus light when taking macro shots at different distances), so this year a FIX1000 will replace them.

/Peter

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements