ladydianabret

recharable batteries

What rechargeable batteries do you think are best? pansonic, energizer lithium, ansmann???or what have you found to work.?

i want to know to get my underwater camera to recycle it's flash system quicker. all use aa batteries.

What rechargeable batteries do you think are best? pansonic, energizer lithium, ansmann???or what have you found to work.?

i want to know to get my underwater camera to recycle it's flash system quicker. all use aa batteries.

The batteries I've had the best results with are cheapies from Walmart!! You can get 4 AA digital Concepts for about $7. $16 includes a 1hr charger!!

I usually dive in cold water (eastern Canada) and the batteries will last 2 dives and then still have a bit of life in them. I've tried Energizer, Duracell and Panasonic as well and they've all died on the 2nd dive.

Energizer Lithium isn't rechargable. They pack a lot of power, though, as great in cold, have very slow self-discharge and are lighter than other AAs.

What rechargable lasts the longest depends on how much power is drawn from them. For heavy load devices the best battery generally available is the Eneloop despite its low (-ish) power rating. For more modest power demands a Sanyo or Maha 2700 is probably better. There are higher rated batteries but I haven't yet found anything better than those. I'm currently testing the Ansmann 2850's.

I use Eneloops in my strobes and 2700s in my modeling lights.

I use Eneloops in my strobes and 2700s in my modeling lights.

The ever inquisitive Craig,

I recall the discussion about using Eneloops in the Inon Z240 Type III's. I think you have Inons. Are the strobes the Type III, or do you have another reason for using Eneloops?

I look forward to your Ansmann battery test conclusions.

Regards,

Bob

Had some energizers and after a year I had to throw them out as they would not hold a charge

so now back to normal energizer batteries

at least stopped using plastic bags at the supermarket, so doing a little for the environment

I haven't found anything that competes with Eneloops. They hold their charge when not in use, and last longer than any other type of AA NiMh I have used.

I haven't found anything that competes with Eneloops. They hold their charge when not in use, and last longer than any other type of AA NiMh I have used.

I'm a fan of them too, their ability to hold a charge for months between uses is amazing.

R

I'm a fan of them too, their ability to hold a charge for months between uses is amazing.

R

I think "Eneloop" is Sanyo's classification for low discharge NiMH batteries. Has anyone tried the Ansmann and MAHA low discharges?

I use Imedion, Maha's LD battery. They hold a slightly higher capacity over the eneloops and are cheaper. The discharge rating is lower than the eneloop (as Craig pointed out before) so it may not be the best battery for the strobes. I use the imedion around the house. I use Maha 2700 for trips. They have been reliable, more so than the Sanyo 2700 which poop out after 100 or so discharges.

Sponsors

Advertisements