Sign in to follow this  
stever

Aquatica Grip Strap

i have small to medium size hands and have been fighting the distance between the focus lever (custom function 4 on my 20D) and the shutter release. the focus lever has been modified to move it out, which helps. now i'm addressing the torque from the negtatively buouant inon flash. a strap on the right grip would be helpful as well.

any solutions?

The real solution is to:

-make your rig close to neutral in the water (slightly negative)

-floatation strobe arms

-floatation collar for macro port

-balance your rig

-domes ports tend to want to float the front of the camera toward the surface (small weights can be stuck to the back of the dome; i.e., alloy wheel balancing weights)

-macro ports tend to make the housing nose heavy (floatation collar; James did a thread on that)

Take Care,

ChrisS

I love the hand strap that comes on all Subal housings (particularly when using it one handed for macro work). The problem was I hated the handles because they are angled back slightly and my index finger didn't naturally fall on the shutter release. I swapped out the Subal handles for ULCS and they are great but I no longer had a handstrap. My solution was to take the hand strap off the Subal handle and attach it to the ULCS handle with a couple of heavy duty cable/zip ties. Now I have the best of both worlds. You may be able to do something similar with your Aquatica handles and a Subal hand strap (I'm sure Ryan from Reef Photo will sell you one).

If you're wondering about durability of the attachment method, I did this in early 2007 and have done around 250 dives with original cable/zip ties still going strong.

post-5262-1238228387.jpg

Edited by Gudge

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements