Sign in to follow this  
loftus

Big Whitey

Browsing through some pics from Guadelupe last August, I was surprised to find that I had missed this one which converted very nicely to B&W

Guadelupe2008-09-026603.jpg

Edited by loftus

Beautiful shot partner! The only question is how in the heck do you "miss" a shot like that? :turtle::D

Steve

Hey this is really great shot !!!

Gonna browse through my galleryes and see if I can allso find some Great White pictures I have missed :turtle:

Karel

Beautiful shot partner! The only question is how in the heck do you "miss" a shot like that? :turtle::D

Steve

Well the RAW image looked like a lost cause; but some curves sharpening and B&W conversion restored the faith . ;)

Guadelupe2008-09-026602.jpg

Love the black and white!

Very nice end result - and thanks for sharing the starting point really makes clear what is possible.

Alex

Damn, now I'll spend all week end going back through the archives. That's pretty amazing. Thanks partner!

Steve

I also love seeing the start and finish.

The end result is just stunning.

Would love to get in the water (read: cage!) with those sharks one day!

Steve

Well I found one to play with, Sharks belch too I guess. What's it need folks?

3408944474_b38ffb0791_o.jpg

This is fun!

Steve

Well I found one to play with, Sharks belch too I guess. What's it need folks?

This is fun!

Steve

They also like to brush their teeth! Another one rescued from the ranks of the underexposed. Often these shots are taken when we see something happen, but were not quite prepared.

Steve, that's nice but needs a little more contrast I think.

_JMH0196.jpg

Edited by loftus

What's it need folks?

The back end of the shark? :turtle:

Tim

:D

The back end of the shark? :turtle:

LOL, totally agree. I had the 60mm fish lens on and the fish that came by didn't quite cooperate. Next time

:D

Steve

Hey guys,

I bumped the contrast a little, see if it looks better to you. Also cropped a tad hoping for a little better frame Tim would like.

3408944474_c6e6769bc5_o.jpg

I'm seeing a strange artifact between the lower body and water. Almost looks like small pressure waves. Of course they aren't and they don't show up in LR until I export to a Jpeg. Doesn't seem to matter which export settings I use. Can anyone diagnose the problem?

Steve

That is better. I believe you have a case of the 'jaggies'. Is all your editing done in RAW? You would see this with multiple saves and resaves in JPEG.

That is better. I believe you have a case of the 'jaggies'. Is all your editing done in RAW? You would see this with multiple saves and resaves in JPEG.

Everything done in the original RAW file converted to DNG. One export to a 120 ppi 100 quality jpeg. Could it be the dng conversion? Don't see how that could be it. I'll go back to the original and see what happens when I bring it up.

This is very cool, I have the distinct feeling I'm about to learn something.

Steve

My reason to stay in Inland water

Oh I hope not my friend. You haven't lived until you've seen one of these exquisite perfectly designed creatures in their element. Not in some tank, but on a deep ocean reef coming out of the blue in your direction. The combination of strength and beauty is dramatic and palpable. You feel it through the water as much as you see it with your eyes. I pray that ours is not the last generation to have the privilege.

Steve

Ooo... Me love sharks!

Awesome shots, fellas. :P

Ed.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements