Sign in to follow this  
tdpriest

Ultimate Indonesia 2009 with Dive Quest and Alex Mustard

At long last, after rushing home from my patients, nursing my own re-broken rib (don't trust the shower mats on a dive-boat not to slip...), and slaving over my Mac:

Part one of Ultimate Indonesia: Lembeh!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timsdiving/sets/7215

Constructive criticism, up to and including admiration, if warranted, will be appreciated...

Tim

:turtle:

NICE! So jealous ... the Pigmy on the blue background is REALLY nice, but there is some cyan CA that you might be able to fix.

Also ... your link is bad ... it takes you to an error page that has a link to your photostream, but the set should be /72157616181952709/ in your URL. ... that said, the set only has the pygmy in it ... the rest of the images are "setless" in your photostream.

Overall, REALLY cool stuff - especially the sharks.

All I can say is captivating. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better portfolio of great images. I especially liked you taking the time to do some non-standard framing of macro stuff. Very artistic and sharp. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks; really nice stuff. I do find the copyright symbol smack in the middle distracting though.

Wow! Wonderful! :D So many cool stuff! What didn't u see? :turtle: Love that giant frogfish. Like the colour processing, changing the background to grey really brought out the colours of the critters. N the Sudan sharks photos are amazing!

Get well soon!

Excellent photos, and a great guide to what one might hope to see in Lembeh.. thanks for sharing!

Thanks; really nice stuff. I do find the copyright symbol smack in the middle distracting though.

That's the problem with "open-access" images: if you don't spoil them, then they get nicked...

Tim

Really great photos. I especially like the lighting of subjects with white in them, I think you do a great job of keeping the whites from being blown, and still having the rest nicely exposed. But, as said above, the copyright water mark is distracting, especially on such good pics.

regards

Bent C.

I can now reveal Dr Mustard's personal technique for encouraging underwater photography:

below the water:

post-4522-1238787046.jpg Swimming giant frogfish

post-4522-1238787064.jpg Mating mimic octopus

but, above the water:

post-4522-1238787019.jpg ! :D

Tim

More:

post-4522-1238787530.jpg Frogfish

post-4522-1238787514.jpg Starry night octopus

post-4522-1238787549.jpg The team escapes to Raja Ampat

Tim

Tim, those are gorgeous. So gorgeous, in fact, that I just squelched a strong urge to run down to my car, pull out my wet, cold drysuit, and jump up and down on it whilst screaming " Damn you, I want to go to Indonesia!!"

I can't wait to see the rest.

BTW, the crab is my favorite so far, though I am also partial to the frogfish. :turtle: Seems like you had a great trip!

Allison

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements