Sign in to follow this  
pieterrutten

Ikelite strobe bulkhead

Hi!

I keep having a problem with my Ikelite strobe bulkhead.

The screw on the inside of the housing keeps getting loose.

I have to tighten it every 3-4 dives...

Solution anybody?

Have been thinking about loctite but I don't dare to use it, because I don't

know how the o-ring wich seals the bulkhead will react on it...

All I can suggest is contacting Ikelites service department and hopefully getting a solution off them. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Parso

Hi,

Loctite should not affect your O ring in a negative way. As long as the O ring integrity is still good, ie you haven t covered the o ring in loctite. Obviously you want to be careful applying chemical to your O ring, WD40 for instance will deform your o ring rendering them useless. However as long as no physical contact is made you should be fine.

Regards Erol

I'm continually amazed at the amount of requests for help through this forum, by people who have not given the manufacturers the courtesy

of a phone call or email. . . . :(

I think that this simple problem has the opportunity to escalate into a full flood. What would your response to that be. . . . :P

Ikelite is continually reputed to have the best after sales service/repairs department, yet people continue to bi-pass them. . . . :D

You may find yourself listing a complaint against them with your next posting because you voided your warranty by opening the strobe and

using a foreign product (loctite) within. . . . :D

At least try the service department before any home 'tinkering'. It might be that the boys from Ike suggest a drop of loctite. . . .

Bruce...

I'm continually amazed at the amount of requests for help through this forum, by people who have not given the manufacturers the courtesy

of a phone call or email. . . .

While prepping for a trip I managed to "bind" the locking mechanism on one of my DS-125 battery packs. I figured I could free it up with a bit of leverage from a screwdriver but didn't want to fubar the latch a week before the trip.

I placed a quick call to Ike, they grabbed a battery to make sure they knew exactly what I meant by my description and told me exactly how to free it up (in this case, adding a bit of leverage from a screwdriver :() -- but they were more than happy to spend 10-15 minutes on the phone with me while we worked through it and got everything squared.

Saved me from possibly snapping the latching mechanism and being in a tight spot before a trip.

Definitely a friendly and helpful lot -- and they clearly know their gear. Make the call! :P

-M

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements