Sign in to follow this  
divebutt

DS51 and the G9.....

So....

Picked up a DS51 for my G9 in an Ikelite housing and am trying to make it work.

I set the strobe on TTL and sometimes that little red arrow shows up on the screen and the strobe is controlled by the camera. Sometimes, it just triggers full power.

Any advice?

Loose or intermittent hotshoe connection inside the housing is the likeliest culprit I can think of.

Edited by rtrski

Loose or intermittent hotshoe connection inside the housing is the likeliest culprit I can think of.

That would be very likely. I have had the same problems with my 5D housing. I solved it by cutting a piece of eraser to exactly fit in between the hotshoe and the back of the housing. When the eraser was wedged in there, the hot shoe connector couldn´t move, and I never had that problem again. For my housing there was very little space between the hot shoe and the top of the housing, so when I slid the camera into the housing, the hot shoe often was pushed a little bit backwards, leading to bad connection.

/Bent C

Edited by Bent C

[Ever flooded the housing. I did of my D70 housing,the strobe bulkhead still worked but over 3 years gradual corosion started to produce some strange stobe triggering including those you mention. Currently being rebuilt by Ikelite now.

Tim Digger

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements