I've been printing books with my photos using Aperture on my iMac and having it printed by Apple. The concept is way cool, but I have not been too impressed wit hthe quality of the photos once they are in the actual book. Does anyone know of another company that will print your photos in a book with really good quality?

I used mac also and didn't like it near as well as www.mypublisher.com . there lots of places out there that make books, please let me know the one you decide on.

Not tried them myself (yet) but www.bobbooks.co.uk were suggested to me by a guy in the print industry who was on the same live aboard as I was.

They have a neat design interface also.

Supposed to be printed in Switzerland - not mega cheap but neither was that pile of equipment and the excess luggage charge and......

Paul C

I also give a vote to MyPublisher.com. The quality of the books is amazing. You can generally find a coupon for $20 of a book over $50 and $40 off a book over $100.

I also use "mypublisher" and am happy with the results and price.

Take care,

John

My Adoramapix photo book just arrived. I ordered an 8 X 12 inch book with 26 full bleed images. The cost was $40 for this size and I'm quite pleased. Adorama is using Fuji Crystal Archive Album paper with a matte finish. It's folded accordion-style to make the pages. The pages are thick to the touch and lie flat. I much prefer the quality of this album compared to ones printed on a laser printer/toner-type device. Current limitation is 50 pages. Next time I'll probably do a 8 X 8 inch album with double-page spreads.

The album was created online at Adorama's website. It uses Flash, so there isn't any software to download. On the plus side, it's very simple. The downside it that it felt a little on the slow side.

I placed my order last Friday afternoon. It arrived in the mail yesterday (Thursday). Since I wasn't home when the USPS came, I had to pick it up at the post office this morning.

112835532.jpg

112835561.jpg

112835589.jpg

112835604.jpg

I have also been using Adoramapix for enlargements. They are doing 16 x 20 inch enlargements on Kodak Endura Metallic paper for about $6 (normally $15). It gives images an almost three dimensional look.

Edited by DesertEagle

The Adoramapix book looks great!

I did a small paperback w/ Mpix and was not at all impressed w/ the print quality. It almost looks like it was printed on a laser printer...

Cheers

James

I used mac also and didn't like it near as well as www.mypublisher.com . there lots of places out there that make books, please let me know the one you decide on.

It's possible I was misinformed, but I could swear I read a while back that the books sold by Apple via iPhoto or Aperture were actually printed by mypublisher.com. Apple just uses their software as a front.

Does anyone have any experience using Blurb, the Flickr affiliated book publishing site?

It's possible I was misinformed, but I could swear I read a while back that the books sold by Apple via iPhoto or Aperture were actually printed by mypublisher.com. Apple just uses their software as a front.

that sucks. surely there is a service that makes really high quality books. i would expect to pay more of course, but most stuff seems "consumer" oriented. where do the "pros" get their books?

that sucks. surely there is a service that makes really high quality books. i would expect to pay more of course, but most stuff seems "consumer" oriented. where do the "pros" get their books?

I'm not sure about UW, but I know there are a number of services that pro wedding photographers use, from last time I dug into the issue. Fairly insanely expensive, though... think about how much wedding photographers charge for albums! I'll try to remember the name of the really big service I found that was among the highest rated. They were pro-industry-only, though... no prices released to end-users. You know, to protect the wedding photog's profits and mark ups.

Edit: Found one of the big ones I was thinking of: Asuka Book

Edited by CompuDude

Sponsors

Advertisements