ladydianabret

Jim Abernethy's Liveaboard

What are your exact dates???

Not to worry, unless it's cancelled too, I have a last-minute spot on the Belize Aggressor... thanks to Rachel at Dive Quest who pulled that together within about half an hour of me asking for anything in the Caribbean area during the week in question!

Now, is anyone planning a Shearwater trip for next year?

Tim

:P

Tim - there will be at least two Wetpixel trips for next year. Alex is planning on leading one in July, and I will probably lead one in September. Stay tuned...

Alex's advice is (as usual) about as spot on as I can imagine. I wish I'd said all that! :)

The only other thing I'd mention (at the risk of being obvious) is to shoot RAW. You're very likely to want to tweak WB after the fact on many of your photos from this trip. Getting WB right (or your camera correctly doing so) in shallow water can be a challenge, and I found that many of my photos looked far better after I "fixed" the WB in the RAW converter.

Here is a good example. This is our fearless leader, Eric Cheng, looking like he's about to be enveloped by sharks, original and after WB correction. BTW, it was shot with a 24mm on a full frame camera.

Curious as to how the Shearwater deals with the often opposing needs of photographers vs videographers. As a videographer there is nothing more destructive to footage than a bunch of flashes going off.

Steve

Curious as to how the Shearwater deals with the often opposing needs of photographers vs videographers.

Hey Steve,

Start with there are only 8 or 9 divers on the boat. Jim splits them up into two groups and they are a little spread out in time. He normally has multiple "stations" set up so it's not hard to feel like you're all alone down there. The reefs we dove on had a lot of structure which could be used to block out shooting areas. The best thing I could tell you is to let Jim know of your concern and they will try to accomodate you.

Cheers,

Steve

Mr. Douglas -

On the Shear Water, we try to separate videographers from still photographers with groups. Ideally, we can split down the middle (half video/half stills) and then there are no issues. We do our best to insure that everyone has the opportunity to return with great images, and I think that our track record indicates that we do a good job satisfying the needs of our various guests onboard. If you have any other questions, I'm sure that our office staff can answer them.

Brian Cripe

Captain, MV Shear Water

www.scuba-adventures.com

Suggest taking a telephoto zoom for some neat topside shots, like 80-200 or longer.post-3384-1246414651.jpg

Edited by jcclink

What is this: "Ice Age VI - After the Global Warming?"

:-)

Cheers

James

Sponsors

Advertisements