Sign in to follow this  
andymoreno

Patima G10 WA port

Hi,

1. Does the Patima G10 WA port have any threads?
  2. What diameter is it?
  3. Does it make things wider like the Fix WA port?
  4. Can you add any wetlenses to it?!

Thanks!

/Andy

Hi,

It has 67mm thread & you can use Inon, Epoque,UN lenses & you can attach

or remove wet WA lenses in underwater.

Sam

Shchae,

I thought the WA port and the regular port are different diameter? From the pics I've seen of them they sure look very different... And I was pretty sure that the regular port is 67mm?!

Confused!

/Andy

No, I have that case as well, the ports are the same diameter, the WA port is just shorter. It has no magnification/FOV difference, it is just shorter so that it won't distort the WA lens when you attach it. You still need to use a thread-on WA lens to get WA. You can't use the zoom with the short port, but I've never found that to be an issue, just get closer! I use the Inon UWL-100. No vingnetting, but the corners are a bit soft.

Shchae,

I thought the WA port and the regular port are different diameter? From the pics I've seen of them they sure look very different... And I was pretty sure that the regular port is 67mm?!

Confused!

/Andy

Patima supply 2 different ports. One big & one small. Big one is for macro & it does not have thread on it

& it allow you to zoom in and out. Small diameter port is for WA & it has 67mm thread for WA wet lenses

and it does not allow you to zoom.

Sam

That would be different from the G9 Patima. Both ports are threaded and 67mm. Did they change? To not be able to thread on close up lens would be a downgrade for sure.

Patima supply 2 different ports. One big & one small. Big one is for macro & it does not have thread on it

& it allow you to zoom in and out. Small diameter port is for WA & it has 67mm thread for WA wet lenses

and it does not allow you to zoom.

Sam

Hi,

1. Does the Patima G10 WA port have any threads?
  2. What diameter is it?
  3. Does it make things wider like the Fix WA port?
  4. Can you add any wetlenses to it?!

Thanks!

/Andy

I have just bought a Patima G10 housing and it has a 67mm thread. Originally i thought i could add Inon lenses but there is a lot of vigneting.

So i am still waiting for a new lens to come out soon from reef photo.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements