Sign in to follow this  
ryancampbell

What's the black cap on the back of the z240 for?

There's a big black cap on the back of the Inon z240 with a small phillips screw in the cener of it. My kid partially uncrewed that cap. I don't have a manual for my strobe that shows what that cap is for. Anyone know? I tried to unscrew it the rest of the way but it won't come off. I'd hate to flood it next time I use it. Thanks!

That's where you plug an electric sync cord in. After you unscrew the cap you have to pull it out (the O ring on the cap creates some resistance to it coming out).

Thanks for the info! Never knew it had that. I'll have to look into whether I can use it with my G9's eTTL. Looks like the pins are sealed in there even if the port floods, nice design.

Hi Ryan,

If you wish to use eTTL with your G9 you will have to use a TTL converter to provide an interface between the Canon protocol and the Nikonos protocol of the Z-240. I believe either Sea & Sea or Heinrich Weikamp TTL converters can do this. I hope I have got this right and I'm not giving you a bum steer...

If you decide to do this, or anyone else has acheived true eTTL with the G9 and Z-240's I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Thanks for the info! Never knew it had that. I'll have to look into whether I can use it with my G9's eTTL. Looks like the pins are sealed in there even if the port floods, nice design.

No they are not. Forget to tighten that cap and it will drown your strobe... at least for type 1 Z240... since mine was just drowned that way when I loaned it to a friend.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements